Dave S
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to figure out if this was the right way to go.. As the game seems to have a small print run this first time, I decided to jump on as soon as I could pre-order the Dark Tales Expansion from GreenBriar games, and pre-ordered the core set from GameNerdz.

I haven't ordered the other expansions yet, but it seemed like the core and the KS "exclusive" expansion would be the things that sold out first. Any thoughts from you guys on if this is the right way to go, or do you already know a lot of changes are coming with the reprint KS, so it'd be better to wait.

Playing the game sooner is more important that saving a little $$ for me at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Sherwood
msg tools
murteas wrote:
Trying to figure out if this was the right way to go.. As the game seems to have a small print run this first time, I decided to jump on as soon as I could pre-order the Dark Tales Expansion from GreenBriar games, and pre-ordered the core set from GameNerdz.

I haven't ordered the other expansions yet, but it seemed like the core and the KS "exclusive" expansion would be the things that sold out first. Any thoughts from you guys on if this is the right way to go, or do you already know a lot of changes are coming with the reprint KS, so it'd be better to wait.

Playing the game sooner is more important that saving a little $$ for me at this point.

The reprint is due 31st October , that way you can be sure to get everything you need. It isnt that far away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't the 31st the Kickstarter for the reprint? I assume the actual reprint won't be available until sometime mid 2018 at the earliest. Is that incorrect?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was there any indication that the reprint would contain all the KS exclusive stuff? that's what I was wanting to jump in on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Sherwood
msg tools
murteas wrote:
Isn't the 31st the Kickstarter for the reprint? I assume the actual reprint won't be available until sometime mid 2018 at the earliest. Is that incorrect?

Yes sorry I'm speaking nonsense, what I meant to say was with the KS you perhaps order anything you can't get hold of expansions wise but you are quite right the shipping time will be a while away. So best bet is to buy as you have done and wait for KS to order the rest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Sherwood
msg tools
Adonai_80 wrote:
Was there any indication that the reprint would contain all the KS exclusive stuff? that's what I was wanting to jump in on.

It's not been confirmed or denied about KS exclusives, I too want to know. The only info I have is from a website interview.

The game was funded by a very successful Kickstarter campaign that attracted $503,326 from 2,784 backers (an average of $180.79 per backer). Originally intended for release in late 2016, the massive $100.00 game appeared for the first time at Gen Con. Backer fulfillment is ongoing, and Greenbrier has only a small number of copies available for the trade. However, the company’s Sales Manager, Walter Barber, told ICv2 that a second Kickstarter will soon begin to fund a reprint of the game, which will release on October 31. The reprint will have a lower MSRP of $60, but will not include the plastic miniatures that were part of the original run. Those miniatures will be made available as a separate item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.