The 7th Continent» Forums » Rules

Subject: Banishing green to gold rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
When you have successfully hunted and banish the green to gold does that mean you can hunt again at the same place or fish again at the same place?? As usually the gold triangle with white box means you cannot do that action again?

And when you hunt and come across say two food and a predator do you have to fight the predator??

Thanks, and apologies if this has been asked I did have a look on the forum first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at the gold card that replaces the green one. It has a hunt action. You can hunt there as much as you can.

You are free to keep the card you want as a result. It doesn't have to a predator.
UNLESS you are bloody, drew only two cards, and one is not a predator. Then you MUST keep the predator and discard the other (not put it back: discard it.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtiss Cox
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
DragonFly90 wrote:
When you have successfully hunted and banish the green to gold does that mean you can hunt again at the same place or fish again at the same place?? As usually the gold triangle with white box means you cannot do that action again?

And when you hunt and come across say two food and a predator do you have to fight the predator??

Thanks, and apologies if this has been asked I did have a look on the forum first.

There is usually some kind of Look action that reveals the hunt card. Once that's revealed you cannot take the same Look action again, for the reason you said (The perm event is already in play and showing the action icon in the yellow arrow). But if there is a new Hunt action, then you can do that, because it's icon isn't being shown in the yellow arrow.

If you want a new (green) card, you'd need to reset the hunting action by saving, or taking a Rest action that is sometimes on Gold cards to put it back in the box.

Second question, the hunt card should indicate that you pull a number of hunting result cards based on your number of successes, and choose to keep only ONE, and put the rest back. Other factors may inform which one you keep, like States, or other cards in play. But normally you keep one, and as a Temporary Event (hourglass symbol) you resolve it accordingly sometimes with an additional check.

EDIT: We are all ready to answer hunting questions. lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonFly90 wrote:
When you have successfully hunted and banish the green to gold does that mean you can hunt again at the same place or fish again at the same place??

If the gold variant of the card allows it, yes. Typically the gold variant provides
Spoiler (click to reveal)
less food, the area having been "over-hunted" or "over-fished"

DragonFly90 wrote:

Not necessarily. If you are allowed to draw two and discard one, you can discard the predator. Consider this: more successes are a benefit, and they wouldn't be so if drawing a predator automatically forced a conflict (because more successes means more cards to draw, which means a higher chance of drawing a predator). More successes effectively means you end up with more choice about the final results of the hunt.

However, there are times when you are told to discard a non-predator card before choosing the results (single card) of the hunt. If that were the case, if you draw two cards you must discard one of the non-predator cards (if any) before selecting which single card to encounter, and would be forced to encounter the predator.

Edit: ninja'd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
CheddarLimbo wrote:
DragonFly90 wrote:

There is usually some kind of Look action that reveals the hunt card. Once that's revealed you cannot take the same Look action again, for the reason you said (The perm event is already in play and showing the action icon in the yellow arrow). But if there is a new Hunt action, then you can do that, because it's icon isn't being shown in the yellow arrow.

If you want a new (green) card, you'd need to reset the hunting action by saving, or taking a Rest action that is sometimes on Gold cards to put it back in the box.

Second question, the hunt card should indicate that you pull a number of hunting result cards based on your number of successes, and choose to keep only ONE, and put the rest back. Other factors may inform which one you keep, like States, or other cards in play. But normally you keep one, and as a Temporary Event (hourglass symbol) you resolve it accordingly sometimes with an additional check.

EDIT: We are all ready to answer hunting questions. lol

The gold replacement card does also have the arrow with the icon that is what threw me.

Also if you have a rest action can you go there and rest more than once and get advanced skills? as that also has an arrow with a symbol in it which to me would be you can't rest there again??

Also all you peeps on here are awesome answer the questions so fast and with patience...thanks thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonFly90 wrote:

Also if you have a rest action can you go there and rest more than once and get advanced skills? as that also has an arrow with a symbol in it which to me would be you can't rest there again??

The Gold Symbol means you can no longer take the action with that symbol, but can take any available action with a different symbol (usually the action prevented is the one that revealed the event card).

This generally means you can rest (or hunt) as many times as you can and want to, but cannot take the action that revealed the campsite or hunting ground. If it is ever intended that you can only hunt once, the hunting card will be banished by the hunting result and replaced with a card that doesn't allow hunting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only gain advanced skills by resting on rest actions that tell you to take the proper card.

Note that you can't get rid of your Tired state by resting at a gold hunt card either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Reitz
Germany
Mayen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:

Note that you can't get rid of your Tired state by resting at a gold hunt card either.

Was that answered in another thread? (In which one?)

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KivasFajo wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:

Michael

It's clear from the icon on the Tired state card. To get rid of the card you need to perform the Rest action shown on that card. The rest action on the gold hunt is a different Rest action. Rules say you can't do two actions at once. Ergo, if you do the rest action on the gold hunt card to return that card, you can't do the rest action to remove your Tired state at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ren3 wrote:
KivasFajo wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:

Michael

It's clear from the icon on the Tired state card. To get rid of the card you need to perform the Rest action shown on that card. The rest action on the gold hunt is a different Rest action. Rules say you can't do two actions at once. Ergo, if you do the rest action on the gold hunt card to return that card, you can't do the rest action to remove your Tired state at the same time.

That + some rest actions clearly state that you can get rid of your tired state on them if you succeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Ho
United States
Tustin
CA
flag msg tools
not meaning to threadjack but from what everything explains.. banish means going from green to gold of the same card number. but what if there isnt that card number? spoiler
150 i fought off a vulture which tells me to banish the card but theres no gold 150 card? am i missing the card or was this just meant to get rid of it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xenapan wrote:
not meaning to threadjack but from what everything explains.. banish means going from green to gold of the same card number. but what if there isnt that card number? spoiler
150 i fought off a vulture which tells me to banish the card but theres no gold 150 card? am i missing the card or was this just meant to get rid of it?

Banish means "get rid of this".
The green-to-gold symbol (like the one shown on the hunting ground cards) means "banish and then replace with a gold".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be exact, 'Banish' means to put the card behind the Banished divider in the box. It's an alternate way of discarding, but discarded cards from the Adventure and Exploration decks go into the Past instead.

as Ren states, the green to gold symbol involves banishing the green card and drawing the equivalent gold card, but there are many other methods of banishing cards that do not replace with another card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.