Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
badge
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that this is a very basic question, and until I was asked about it by a new player that I was trying to explain the game to, I had not really thought about it but- if a unit uses an Opportunity Fire Action during the opponents turn can that same unit fire again in my next turn by using an order or do I have to wait until the next turn? I have always assumed that you could but now I have to check!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Pence
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they may issue Orders as soon as it becomes their turn. They are only prevented from ACTIVATING FOR additional OpFire (from additional Move Orders played) for the remainder of the Active player's turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Units can only be activated once per turn and each player's turn is considered a "turn."

(And, to be crystal clear, the unit could still make Op Fire attacked until the conclusion of the Move Order during which it was activate for Op Fire.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
badge
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick replies. At least I was playing correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knarr
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh wow, thanks CC players! I just realized that with OP fire, you're free to keep firing at everything that moves during the same move order (for example if a leader was activated) WITHOUT spending additional Fire cards. That kinda changes things a lot! So a well-placed MG actually can block of a long stretch of road effectively! I started to wonder why my OP fires were so ineffective most of the times, I thought you had to play an additional fire action for every shot you take.

That also means I can activate a leader for OP fire and shoot with a whole Fire group for the duration of the move order? Ouch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Putenbrust wrote:
oh wow, thanks CC players! I just realized that with OP fire, you're free to keep firing at everything that moves during the same move order (for example if a leader was activated) WITHOUT spending additional Fire cards. That kinda changes things a lot! So a well-placed MG actually can block of a long stretch of road effectively! I started to wonder why my OP fires were so ineffective most of the times, I thought you had to play an additional fire action for every shot you take.

That also means I can activate a leader for OP fire and shoot with a whole Fire group for the duration of the move order? Ouch!

You got it!

Make sure if you're gonna run, you've got a Recover card in your hand!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike,

Let's say you do only activate one squad. As he is running he runs where that squad can see him as well as an adjacent squad. you could play a 2nd Fire Card and BOTH units could form a Fire Group to shoot at him. That would only be a +1 and probably wouldn't be worth it without other Actions....but then the 2nd squad could keep shooting as he ran out of LOS from the first squad.

Hope that is clear.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Olsen
Denmark
Ringsted
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Putenbrust wrote:

But it also means that if your opponent holds another Move order that he plays subsequently in the same turn, you will not be able to use the leader/group you previously activated to shoot on the second group of units activated.

So yes, you can activate them and shoot, but you always need to consider whether it may be a ruse.

Is this game not grand? : - )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.