Karefa Kargbo
United States
McLean
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My group tends to play by both offense and defense inviting everyone. I want to try to somewhat disincentivize this, so I was wondering which aliens would be best for burning possible alliances. I was thinking that the Hacker might be a good one, but any other suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mi Myma
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
Off the top of my head: Pacifist and Empath - allies are irrelevant when using their ability.

Amoeba is good for inviting everyone, playing a low card or an N, and then oozing out of the encounter, losing nothing yourself, and letting your allies burn in space.

Allies work against the Loser's upset encounters.

Locust
doesn't want allies, so it can use its power.

If your opponent is the Healer, more allies means more opportunities for him to use his power. Likewise, Remora gains power opportunity with more allies. Warpish's power can increase rapidly if lots of allies are involved in the encounter. Fungus and Ghoul also benefit from lots of opposing allies losing. Sadist benefits from any allies losing.

If Human is zapped, allies are irrelevant.

Masochist
is perfectly happy to lose along with his allies. Spiff is also a good one to betray his allies.

Void tends to deter allies against him.

I'm sure there are many more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
General Norris
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
This is a player-problem. I would try to talk to your players about it and explain how it harms the game and their own position!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark W
United States
Islip
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
General_Norris wrote:
This is a player-problem. I would try to talk to your players about it and explain how it harms the game and their own position!

Unfortunately too many times people dismiss the game as bad, yet they play it like this...It's like how young kids play soccer when first learning -
little passing and all crowding around the ball. Once they learn it's good to spread out and pass the ball, their skill improves and the game becomes more interesting as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.