Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Smith
Canada
Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an army in a provincial capital with a militia unit.

A barbarian invades the province but does not attack the capital. (As near as I can tell, barbarians ignore the provincial capital.)

I spend a military action point to attack the barbarians, but since this is outside the capital, can the militia unit help?

Warm regards, Rick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it.
badge
His marvels of artifice pale in comparison to the developing machinery of his mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, militia can help out in this instance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, and the same goes for fighting an enemy army in your province. You don't have to leave the capital to attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smith
Canada
Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys for the quick replies, your answers were very clear and helpful!

I messed up, and posted this in general, rather than rules questions forum. Does anyone know how to fix this mistake?

Warm regards, Rick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Iver Wilhelmsen
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rick Smith wrote:
I messed up, and posted this in general, rather than rules questions forum. Does anyone know how to fix this mistake?

Press the red X in the box in the "heading", one of the options is "Wrong forum" - an admin can then move it. I see someone already did this since it has been moved, but just so you know for the future...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Gotti
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A legion with a general and a militia in capital space can fight to a enemy army without leaving the capital space in the same province, only spend one military point to battle the enemy army.

Do I understand that rightly ?

I ask because I've seen it in some videos differently.

regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Caskey
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After a first play I was a little confused about the Militia. We played that as they could not venture out of the capital, they could not attack attack barbarians , but i see that is not the case.

Lets say I have 1 militia, a 1 legion army + general in a capital of a province I control, and barbarians arrive. A lot of barbarians.

I have 3 legion army + general close by, so it moves in to the province to take on the barbarians.

As I understand it , the weak army, along with the militia in the capital could attack the barbarians. Alternatively the newly arrived army could attack the barbarians. The armies cannot combine forces.

If I had sufficient military points, then both armies could attack, one after the other.

Another strategy would be to have my 1 legion army in the capital do a free move out of the capital, and the recently arrived 3 legion army would do a free move into the capital in order to join forces with the militia to confront the barbarians.

Is all the above correct?

thanks,

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Being in the capital is essentially the same as being in the province. Am unsure I MP will let both armies attack. But for attack purposes there is no difference between being in the capital and in the province.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark, that's all correct. It would be 2 military points if you wanted both armies to fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McD
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:
Mark, that's all correct. It would be 2 military points if you wanted both armies to fight.

The rules say that one battle must be completed before another is initiated. Can you have a 2 point battle? Would it not be two 1 point battles one after the other? Basically, I don't think it's possible to spend 2 points to initiate a battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I just meant you'd need 2 points to do one battle and then the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heikki Poso
msg tools
If I understand the rules correctly, you can move the 1-legion army to countryside for free, have the 3-legion army enter the capital and then attack the barbarians with 3 legions and the militia. So in effect militia (only) can switch between armies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.