Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Next Game: Volleyball High
badge
www.MedievaLords.com
mbmbmbmbmb
So up next are the Assets (those tiles you see in the game) and as promised, we are changing the layout such that the numbers WILL be very clear even on a large table during game time. We are also changing the colors of the cubes in the game to be colorblind friendly. Basically we kept the Red and Blue, but we added a whitish hue to the Greens and their final wooden cubes would be white. Also for the Champions, they will no longer be Yellow cubes. Instead they will be BLACK!

Yes, there is a major update to the game lore. The characters in the game are all Souls, and they are fighting for a chance to be returned to 'life'. When they are 'killed' they become Lost Souls. Shrines can lead them back to being normal souls again (resurrect) And the champions are known as Black Souls, the strongest type of souls - hence the title of the game! This solves the title link, as well as the colorblind problem and we are really happy about it!

Alas, we still need your help to finalize the layout of the tiles. Special icons will definitely be blown up now, so they are no longer tiny symbols in the corner of the tile that camouflage. That's the first confirmed change. The second confirmed change is that we will be taking out the Difficulty rating of the tile and placing it in a corner now. This immediately improves game intuitivity and allows players to see right away that there are only 3 types of colors to resolve in the game, not 4. The 4th was sometimes mistaken as 'Champions to kill' during demos. This is where you come in - should the rating go to the top LEFT or RIGHT?

The other huge question is - should the icons retain their current symbols as swords, energy balls and first aid symbols? Or should they all be changed into just cubes? This is a HUGE decision! Firstly, the cubes would be very clear and even more intuitive than ever. Eurogamers would totally love this change! However - we will lose more of the theme of the game, which is really a very fun part of Black Souls. Keeping the symbols, but keeping them color-coded just might be a great middle ground for intuitiveness as well as more thematic. But hey, we are not alone on this journey - YOU VOTE! (A, B, C or D?)

The ORIGINAL tile:

Layout A:

Layout B:

Layout C:

Layout D:

Poll
A - Symbols, Difficulty Top Left
B - Symbols, Difficulty Top Right
C - Cubes, Difficulty Top Left
D - Cubes, Difficulty Top Right
      50 answers
Poll created by Wanderer999

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Franquin
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
I definitely prefer the symbols as long as their colors match the corresponding cubes. I don't care at all whether the difficulty is in the top right or left corner. So I voted for A.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxim Y
Russia
Novosibirsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Agree with Pierre, as long as cube color matches the symbol color I'm OK.
But I hope the symbols will be more pretty in the final version. The whole symbols-number string is glued together. It needs more space between symbols.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.