Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Arkham Horror LCG Stats Sheet - Update! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B.D. Flory
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Thanks for all the game submissions, everyone!

Wanted to drop a line to note that in addition to a variety of small tweaks to the submission form and stats sheet, as well as various cosmetic adjustments...

The stats tracker now tallies campaign deaths, insanities and disappearances for completed campaigns. Totals are on the Overall sheet (the front page), with breakdowns by investigator on the Investigators sheet.

Here's the data:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1144WM13Tn-SQCzhw0vKQ...

And here's the game submission form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdhiZKkPy9HlkM2f_bO...

Knowledge is power. Fear it!




3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Little
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wanted to report bugs for the form:

1) When asking about Midnight Masks, you cannot select both "house is still standing" and "The ghoul priest is alive"

2) For Devourer Below setup: can only select one item from list of cultists who got away and the ghoul priest.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Leafman
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
One more thing that might be interesting to track would be how often Delve Too Deep was played.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.D. Flory
United States
New York
flag msg tools
ricedwlit wrote:
wanted to report bugs for the form:

1) When asking about Midnight Masks, you cannot select both "house is still standing" and "The ghoul priest is alive"

2) For Devourer Below setup: can only select one item from list of cultists who got away and the ghoul priest.


Ah, good call, cheers. I forgot to switch those to checkboxes rather than radio buttons. I'll fix it now.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.D. Flory
United States
New York
flag msg tools
CaiusDrewart wrote:
One more thing that might be interesting to track would be how often Delve Too Deep was played.


For sure! I'll have to think about where I want to add it. Definitely have some other stuff I want to add first, but I'll out it on the list.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.D. Flory
United States
New York
flag msg tools
ricedwlit wrote:
wanted to report bugs for the form:

1) When asking about Midnight Masks, you cannot select both "house is still standing" and "The ghoul priest is alive"

2) For Devourer Below setup: can only select one item from list of cultists who got away and the ghoul priest.


Oh, if you want to let me know the details, I can just fix this manually in the data. No big deal either way.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Little
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bd flory wrote:
ricedwlit wrote:
wanted to report bugs for the form:

1) When asking about Midnight Masks, you cannot select both "house is still standing" and "The ghoul priest is alive"

2) For Devourer Below setup: can only select one item from list of cultists who got away and the ghoul priest.


Oh, if you want to let me know the details, I can just fix this manually in the data. No big deal either way.


No changes needed regarding the first item as the investigators burned down the house and killed the Ghoul Priest.

For #2: I already entered Peter Warren. The ones to add are
- "Wolf Man" Drew
- Victoria Deveraux
- Ruth Turner
(They didn't do well on Midnight Masks ...)
The entry to correct is row 197

And a question: you have the option under House Rule / Variants "Repeated this scenario (or an earlier scenario in the same campaign) to achieve a different outcome". I freely admit that early on for a campaign I would do play more than once to attempt to get a better resolution (with mixed success) and then pick which resolution was "the official" one to carry forward. Is the intent that we enter each play through separately, or do you just want us to record the final play through that carries forward?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.D. Flory
United States
New York
flag msg tools
ricedwlit wrote:
And a question: you have the option under House Rule / Variants "Repeated this scenario (or an earlier scenario in the same campaign) to achieve a different outcome". I freely admit that early on for a campaign I would do play more than once to attempt to get a better resolution (with mixed success) and then pick which resolution was "the official" one to carry forward. Is the intent that we enter each play through separately, or do you just want us to record the final play through that carries forward?


Fundamentally, the stats are built more around individual games than campaigns, but that question's in there because it informs your current conditions. I would expect, for example, that results with that option selected will be generally more successful in reported games because they replayed until they got satisfactory outcomes previously, which probably leads to better setup conditions for the reported game.

This will be rendered somewhat redundant once I get all the scenario specific setup questions in, but it's still an interesting data point on its own, in terms of how people play.

All that being said, absolutely feel free to report replays of the same scenario in the same campaign as individual games! Like I said, the stats are primarily oriented around game reports, and for that purpose, one game is as valuable as another, no matter which you "keep."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.