Subject: Do you have to pay a Nemesis Power cost all at once? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blake Curry
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am watching a playthrough of Aeon's End with Paul Darcy, and he has a power Nemesis card that will cause massive damage if it unleashes in a couple of turns. To get rid of it, you have to pay 7 aether. That's a pretty tall order. He's only had 7 once the whole game, and that was specifically if he used the extra one to buy a spell.

Is that something you can pay a little each turn, or must you pay the full amount at once? I'm guessing the latter, which is sad for him, but good for me to know about for when my copy of the game arrives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Severinsson
Sweden
Sundbyberg
Sundbyberg
flag msg tools
...microbrewed beer.
badge
...more hops, better die rolls.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Do you have to pay a Nemesis Power cost all at ocne?
You have to pay all at once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Smothers
msg tools
If you pay the cost, the card is discarded without activating right? I saw a playthrough where they were paying the cost and activating the effect...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can never pay for something over several turns. You can never split the cost between players either.

That is: unless specified.
Cost 7 is a harsh price and is intended to slow you down. But it's not that hard unless it's on your very first turns. You can easily have 7 on turn 3 with the right market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Curry
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I thought. Unfortunately for him, he has no chance to gain 7 in a turn and is going to get blasted for like 10 damage and immediately get exhausted methinks. Ooooh well better him than me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Happens. It hurts but it's only the last point which counts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.