Popular Tags: [View All]
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules don't seem to be clear on what stays and what goes during a two-act mission.

Per this thread, the saints' decks remain in the same state they were in re: cards discarded, etc.

The rules also seem to indicate that the Nexuses get rebuilt, unless that's a mission-specific thing.

What about the Doomsday Clock? Does it get rebuilt, or does it remain in the same state? The rules only say (paraphrasing) "set up the next act of the mission," which seems to indicate recreating the Doomsday clock, but I'm not entirely sure.

Also, I assume no rewards are granted until the second act is won, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick mullen
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The mission tells you how to set up the second act, otherwise nothing changes. So for the candlepoint 2-act, it's same clock, same state of saint cards, but new nexus and seeding of it. It can be tough because you are running out the clock already, and the new nexus doesn't give you any new omens

The rulebook states: "(If a mission describes more than one act, if you would win the mission in an act, go to the next act instead.)" So yeah, you didn't win and get no rewards or anything until you win in the final act.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So any setup step that is not explicitly stated in the storybook doesn't happen? Wish that had been clearer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
salut wrote:
"(If a mission describes more than one act, if you would win the mission in an act, go to the next act instead.)

The phrase "go to" is a very specific term in this game. It means "leave this step and go here now." In a multi-act mission, you replace the structures and true threat cards as mentioned, build whatever nexuses are introduced (typically you don't have any more), and start immediately in the current saint's turn with everything else the way it was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mike selinker wrote:
salut wrote:
"(If a mission describes more than one act, if you would win the mission in an act, go to the next act instead.)

The phrase "go to" is a very specific term in this game. It means "leave this step and go here now." In a multi-act mission, you replace the structures and true threat cards as mentioned, build whatever nexuses are introduced (typically you don't have any more), and start immediately in the current saint's turn with everything else the way it was.

I guess it just wasn't clear whether I am "going to" a new mission (skipping only rewards) or what. "The next act" isn't a step described in the rules, and switching out structures implies you are doing setup again. Instead of using common language to describe specific things, the best rulebooks, IMO, have a layer of redundancy in their explanations so there is no room for alternate interpretations. Food for thought for the next version!

Now it's back to the theatre for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.