Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not seen any activity about this game here. Is anyone actually playing it?

Supposedly I am going to get to play it with my wife this weekend, now that I have assembled some of the figures (because the 6 that come with the base game did not "feel" like enough to me).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian Unger
msg tools
I did once. Felt a bit unbalanced because Capone and the troll were really dominating twice. Was unsure how to choose the goblins in the beginning, how many and if there is a limit. The player with cabone could controll three gobs in his turn, the other just two.
Hope to get some clarification, but there seems to be not much hype about this beauty arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen van Loon
Netherlands
Den Haag
Zuid Holland
flag msg tools
mb
Had the game for a while, but finally got to it.
Played my 1st game last weekend and loved it.

For us it had the right mix of humor, variation and light weight gameplay. And... it's tactics leave room for a lot to learn. There are some interesting combos possible depending on your setup, cards on hand and of course a little luck with your rolls.

Those foam dice are a wee bit biased, so be careful on calculating your odds

We too noticed some characters to be very powerful compared to others, but I don't think this is a problem.

- we are probably just not experienced enough to recognise the strength of other Gobz. Experimentation is key I suppose. If for example the capone gob is too powerfull, don't get in his line of fire, and focus your attacks on it.
- since you pick them one by one, and you (sort of) randomly get to be the first to choose a gob, the struggle for key gobz is part of the game. You could even houserule it to randomize the selection more.

I'd really love to explore the 3-4 player mode, but I didn't order the extra tiles via the kickstarter. Lumberjack responded on a mail that they plan to update their addon shop somewhere in January next year.

All in all, I'd recommend this game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed. * Click the yellow microbadge for discounted microbadges!! *
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a shame there are no reviews or videos at all for this. Looks like a fun game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.