Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Have at it!

https://boardgamegeekstore.com/collections/frontpage/product...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers, got them. And congrats to being the first out of 3 threads (currently) about promos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SoylentRed wrote:

Where are the french ones!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Ren3 wrote:
Cheers, got them. And congrats to being the first out of 3 threads (currently) about promos

To be fair they didn't show up on the game page for me. I think I managed to delete mine in time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Karrde
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:
SoylentRed wrote:

The French ones are over at Tric Trac, I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Mayo
United States
Schertz
TX
flag msg tools
Have you paid your dues, Jack?
badge
Yes sir, the check is in the mail.
mbmbmbmbmb
GOT 'EM!

...now I just need the game. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gschmidl wrote:
Ren3 wrote:

To be fair they didn't show up on the game page for me. I think I managed to delete mine in time.

They didn't show up for me either but I subscribe to the game, because I apparently enjoy having my notifications flooded. At least it's a change of pace from the questions about how to add the expansions.

Now... do we want to bet when and if they will sell out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MacDouglass Kinnick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Hee Haw!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't wait to witness the FOMO fury unleashed once more by the same folks who went bonkers about the possibility of missing out on the KSE from the 1st KS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
I have never lost at Ascension nor Shards of Infinity.
badge
mbmbmb
Not seeing why we'd want these. They appear to be alternate art versions of existing cards.

What am I missing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Looks like 28 is coming in this year!
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:
SoylentRed wrote:

It'll be on TricTrac soon once they set up their goodies store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huuuze wrote:
Not seeing why we'd want these. They appear to be alternate art versions of existing cards.

What am I missing?

They are not alternate art, they are alternate results

You add the cards in, and when a card with that number is drawn, you draw a random card with that number. This looks like it adds another result for praying, an alternate potion, a variant location (possibly with a new action), and 2 others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up. Grabbed a set since I expect this will sell out pretty quick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:
SoylentRed wrote:

They were never intended to be available on the Geek. Tric-trac only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huuuze wrote:

What am I missing?

You might be one of the few sane people left on the forums. They're for completionists, basically. If you search for "promo" in the forums you'll find plenty of rants from people outraged at the thought of not getting them. If the idea of not having 5 variant cards (out of 1000+) doesn't make you break into hives, you can save yourself 7$.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
FOMO, basically
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MacDouglass Kinnick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Hee Haw!
mbmbmbmbmb
t3clis wrote:
FOMO, basically

Yup. That's basically it.

Btw, I love the sloth avatar. I had to look twice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
I have never lost at Ascension nor Shards of Infinity.
badge
mbmbmb
abredon wrote:
Huuuze wrote:

What am I missing?

They are not alternate art, they are alternate results

You add the cards in, and when a card with that number is drawn, you draw a random card with that number. This looks like it adds another result for praying, an alternate potion, a variant location (possibly with a new action), and 2 others.

Dammit. FOMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Ren3 wrote:
Huuuze wrote:

What am I missing?

You might be one of the few sane people left on the forums. They're for completionists, basically. If you search for "promo" in the forums you'll find plenty of rants from people outraged at the thought of not getting them. If the idea of not having 5 variant cards (out of 1000+) doesn't make you break into hives, you can save yourself 7$.

Well it's also about supporting BGG. It's not meant to be a compelling commercial offering, it's bung BGG some money and you get a few gaming bits and pieces for your trouble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Rabideau
United States
Bay St Louis
MS
flag msg tools
mb
Deano2099 wrote:
Ren3 wrote:
Huuuze wrote:

What am I missing?

Well it's also about supporting BGG. It's not meant to be a compelling commercial offering, it's bung BGG some money and you get a few gaming bits and pieces for your trouble.

Naw, 100% FOMO. And OCD. Like, I got the cartographers notebook. I'm not gonna use it. It's gonna sit there next to the game until I die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtiss Cox
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Anatrok wrote:

Naw, 100% FOMO. And OCD. Like, I got the cartographers notebook. I'm not gonna use it. It's gonna sit there next to the game until I die.

This guy knows what's up. *fistbump*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm doing slightly better because I only care about gameplay stuff, so I skipped the notebook and custom dice. But if it's an extra card... gimme! Supporting BGG doesn't really factor into the equation. Sorry, BGG! Gotta fill those 5 missing ID numbers before KS2 arrives.

Speaking of, I just got an email that my promo has been shipped. Of course it will take forever to get here, but the anticipation is real.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Karrde
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my order in the mail today. If anyone is curious about purchasing them, I did a brief write up of what the promo set entails.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Homrighaus
United States
Clarendon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Archr wrote:
Got my order in the mail today. If anyone is curious about purchasing them, I did a brief write up of what the promo set entails.

Caaannn'tt Loookkkk..

I got my promos today too and did a quick look at each card so I would know when I actually got it in game, but not a long enough look to actual spoil anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also glanced at the cards. One card seems pretty pointless (borderline alt-art). Two seem interesting but just variety for stuff you might not see often. One seems related to another card.

However I think the 666 card is probably the best part of the pack. I didn't look at the details but just having more variety there (which I have felt is lacking since getting the game) would make me more interested in that element of the game. After seeing the 3 other cards, I mostly just avoid those areas (
Spoiler (click to reveal)
graves
) so more interactions is definitely a plus. I hope they expand that element further in the new KS as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.