878: Vikings – Invasions of England» Forums » Rules

Subject: Northumbrian Raids Scenario Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Beall
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
1 - Regarding the reinforcement Army the Viking factions receive - Can this army be split and moved as more than one Army? Or must it enter the map together as one Army? The scenario card states "An Army" which would seem to imply they must stay together on the turn they enter, but I'm not certain if that is the intent or not.

2 - Can fled Norseman units be placed with a reinforcement Army? Or must they be placed on a Viking controlled shire on the map? The rules state that fled units can be placed on an invasion card, but this scenario does not use them, thus this question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
sbeall wrote:
1 - Regarding the reinforcement Army the Viking factions receive - Can this army be split and moved as more than one Army? Or must it enter the map together as one Army? The scenario card states "An Army" which would seem to imply they must stay together on the turn they enter, but I'm not certain if that is the intent or not.

2 - Can fled Norseman units be placed with a reinforcement Army? Or must they be placed on a Viking controlled shire on the map? The rules state that fled units can be placed on an invasion card, but this scenario does not use them, thus this question.

Hello Scott,
1. The Army may be split into two invading forces. I did not see this done for play testers but I am curious to hear how that works out.

2. Technically no currently. I do think they should be able to. I will add this special rule to the scenario pdf available online.

Gunter
Academy Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.