D Grit
msg tools
There are a few guns from Trederra that say "Uses D8 for Damage". The sniper rifle for example says "Uses D8 for Damage. To Hit rolls of 6+ do double damage." Is it just known that these guns also use the D8 for Hits as well since they don't specifically state it? Or do they use a regular D6 for Hits and a D8 for damage? Remembering that can be a hassle. Are there any clarifications or specifics on this? I don't know why it would say "to hit rolls of 6+" if it didn't mean on a D8. The Thump Gun and Flamethrowers also say "Uses D8 for Damage" but doesn't specifically state what die to use for hit rolls. Some guns like the Sawed-Off Shotgun specifically state everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It uses a D6 to hit unless it specifies otherwise. Only use the D8 for something if the item specifically tells you to.

I think the "X happens on a 6+" notation is to leave wiggle room for any future content that might modify things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Grit
msg tools
Well in my opinion that is a bit confusing...not to mention a little disappointing. Been playing a few missions using the D8 to hit as well for these weapons which is why I wanted to clarify. Bit of a hassle to remember 2 different types of dice during 1 roll for a weapon but it is what it is! Thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Grit
msg tools
Adria wrote:
It uses a D6 to hit unless it specifies otherwise. Only use the D8 for something if the item specifically tells you to.

I think the "X happens on a 6+" notation is to leave wiggle room for any future content that might modify things.

What about a gun like The Judge which states:

"Uses the D8 To Hit"
"6,7, or 8 Count as a Critical Hit"

Says nothing about damage. Based on what you are saying this uses a D8 to hit but a D6 for damage? You can see how the lines can get blurred with interpretations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the Judge uses D8 to hit and D6 for damage.

D6 is the default for everything. If you're told to roll a die, roll a D6 unless it explicitly tells you to roll something else (D3, D8, Peril die, etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Grit
msg tools
Adria wrote:
Yes, the Judge uses D8 to hit and D6 for damage.

D6 is the default for everything. If you're told to roll a die, roll a D6 unless it explicitly tells you to roll something else (D3, D8, Peril die, etc).

Got it, thanks for your insight. It can be difficult to remember everything the more you acquire. Especially when you have several weapons that all use different dice for each action. The Judge, The Punisher, Thump Gun, and my rancher's default upgraded Hunting Rifle...I'll need to pay closer attention! Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.