Hide
5 Posts

Citadels» Forums » Rules

Subject: Discard the King in 2 players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claudio Mezzasalma
msg tools
Just a quick one: can the king be volountarly discarded in the selection phase in a two player game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure. Why would you think not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Mezzasalma
msg tools
Well, I thought that since you cannot have the King discarded side up with 4+ players, a similar mechanic could prevent prevent discarding it in 2-3 players. Moreover, having played my first Citadels ever game yesterday, I found myself a couple of time discarding the King so my opponent wouldn't have the chance to pick it and taking the crown from me. It kinda felt overpowered, but probably there's something I'm missing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lorthirk wrote:
I found myself a couple of time discarding the King so my opponent wouldn't have the chance to pick it and taking the crown from me. It kinda felt overpowered, but probably there's something I'm missing...

Possibly. In a 2p game one card is discarded face down at random. The first player picks a card then hands the remaining 6 cards to the 2nd player. The second player chooses one and discards one, the first player chooses one and discards one and finally the 2nd player chooses one and discards one.

So the first player can't chose to discard the king face down until they are choosing their second character. The second player can discard the king face down but if they do the first player will keep the crown.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Mezzasalma
msg tools
That makes totally sense. Thanks for sharing your opinion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.