Justin Kruger
United States
California
flag msg tools
After all ocean tiles are placed, can you place other tiles on blue spaces?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manning
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only Mohole, Mandrake, and Protected Valley.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any exceptions to the placement rules are on the cards which are said exceptions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Cooper
msg tools
mbmbmb
jdavidnet wrote:

No.

rmanning wrote:

Actually Mangrove [/nitpick]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manning
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Talmanes wrote:
jdavidnet wrote:

No.

rmanning wrote:

I blame autocorrect. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rmanning wrote:
Talmanes wrote:
jdavidnet wrote:

No.

rmanning wrote:

Can you? I'm pretty sure autocorrect is called that because it's automatically correct--it retroactively changes what you meant to say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manning
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clevider wrote:
rmanning wrote:
Talmanes wrote:
jdavidnet wrote:

No.

rmanning wrote:

Can you? I'm pretty sure autocorrect is called that because it's automatically correct--it retroactively changes what you meant to say.
Don't be so certain. A month ago I wrote "problem" but autocorrect changed it to "Problem" -- when I corrected it back to lower case autocorrect changed it to "preference"! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wimbush
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
rmanning wrote:
Clevider wrote:
rmanning wrote:
Talmanes wrote:
jdavidnet wrote:

No.

rmanning wrote:

Actually Mangrove :) [/nitpick]
I blame autocorrect. :blush:

Don't be so certain. A month ago I wrote "problem" but autocorrect changed it to "Problem" -- when I corrected it back to lower case autocorrect changed it to "preference"! :shake:

That's surely a sign that it's trolling you and has attained self-awareness. Rip the CPU out and stamp on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kahan
United States
Annandale
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Softie wrote:
rmanning wrote:
Clevider wrote:
rmanning wrote:
Talmanes wrote:
jdavidnet wrote:

No.

rmanning wrote:

Don't be so certain. A month ago I wrote "problem" but autocorrect changed it to "Problem" -- when I corrected it back to lower case autocorrect changed it to "preference"! shake

That's surely a sign that it's trolling you and has attained self-awareness. Rip the CPU out and stamp on it.

Autocorrect changed stomp to stamp?whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oboewan wrote:
Softie wrote:
rmanning wrote:
Clevider wrote:
rmanning wrote:
Talmanes wrote:
jdavidnet wrote:

No.

rmanning wrote:

Autocorrect changed stomp to stamp?whistle

Stomp your feet, stamp your feet... sounds ok to me! 😀

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Softie wrote:

Hello Alexa Cortana Siri SHODAN!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Holy shit, rebuilding your games collection is expensive!
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
I still need clarification.

We had an instance in a game last week where we actually did run out of ocean space. Reason: All 3 action cards that allow you to place non-ocean tiles on ocean spaces were played ... AND one of them was used twice (I forget the name of the card, but it is a Corporate Era card and its immediate effect says you can play the effect of a card with a Building tag twice).

So that meant that we had 4 non-ocean tiles, not 3, placed on ocean spaces. What are the rules for placing the final legitimate ocean tile if no ocean spaces are available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
mmazala wrote:

We had an instance in a game last week where we actually did run out of ocean space. Reason: All 3 action cards that allow you to place non-ocean tiles on ocean spaces were played ... AND one of them was used twice (I forget the name of the card, but it is a Corporate Era card and its immediate effect says you can play the effect of a card with a Building tag twice).

So that meant that we had 4 non-ocean tiles, not 3, placed on ocean spaces. What are the rules for placing the final legitimate ocean tile if no ocean spaces are available?

Unless there's a card I'm forgetting about, I believe that card only copies the production box of the card it's copying, not all the effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny A.
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Khedron wrote:
Unless there's a card I'm forgetting about, I believe that card only copies the production box of the card it's copying, not all the effects.

True.. Robotic Workforce does not place any tiles, regardless of card it copies (in this case it was most likely Mohole Area).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Khedron wrote:
mmazala wrote:

Correct - although Robotic Workforce is probably one of the most confusing cards (it even has its own thread, and there was a nice example somewhere else about what happens when you use it on a city card). You cannot use it to place another tile when you use it on Mohole Area, which I suspect was the card in question here. You'd only get the +4 heat production again (which btw is still one of the best uses for Robotic Workforce).

There is absolutely no way to run out of ocean spots. If that happens to you, something was played wrong. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Holy shit, rebuilding your games collection is expensive!
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, was not anticipating such quick responses. Thank you guys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.