Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martyn French
United Kingdom
Coalville
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked this up at the weekend. My wife and I are enjoying it a lot. We had much hilarity along the lines of "what were you thinking?!" a couple of minor arguments along the lines of "what were you thinking?!" but it's all part of the fun

Two questions have come to mind:

1) Is it acceptable to ask for a reminder for a forgotten, previous clue from your partner? Obviously without hints about how many words may be remaining etc.

2) Is it acceptable to lift up green agents to check previously guessed words, as an aid to remembering the clue(s) that lead to them? This could also help with checking how many words you guessed for a particular clue in case that was also forgotten.

We have generally avoided doing either of these except on one occasion, but there are times where it feels like it would be useful. We're not sure if it's within the spirit of the game, although it doesn't seem to contravene any of the core rules laid out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've picked up green agents to check the words under them as a reminder but haven't asked for (or given) reminders to previous clues. I fear there's a risk there in that you might get the number wrong or might say it in such a way as to add extra information, accidentally of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is a case of "It's your game now"

Play it any way feels right to you. Unless you are in a competition of course.

I too have done the "lift agents" option but not the "what was that clue?" option. But I wouldn't hesitate. Mind you it does presuppose your partner in spying can remember.

We had an odd case the other day where I gave a clue "Comedy, 2" kiss chose two, both of which were agents but neother were the one I thought of. So I tried again. She picked another two. same thing happened. So I tried again. And she got one wrong. It turns out I could have used "Comedy 6". After the game she told me my two were dodgy. And I told her hers were all dodgy. Actually one was OK. She picked "army" for Dad's Army which I should have realised.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Both fine for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn French
United Kingdom
Coalville
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies all. With the length of some of the games we've had - 45 mins being common if the words don't link up well - we can forget previously given clues with some ease, so it can be useful to check back.

What surprises me most with this game is how much we both sometimes miss the obvious. After double-checking that our clue is watertight, the other person points to a word that was so obviously linked to the clue word and yet we never realised. It's a lot of fun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.