Subject: Defensive Terrain rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Willing to teach games on my play list.
badge
Look at my game list and see if there is something you want to play and let's get to playing it.
mb
Can the terrain chosen by a defending force in a GA be different that the terrain chosen for armor factoring or are they mandatorily the same?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Youst
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
designer
The terrain chosen must be the same. Note one critical thing: if the defender is in non-clear terrain, but the attacker has any armor attacking from clear terrain, the defender may choose to use the clear terrain Arm/AT effects if he has a rating of 5 or better. This represents the fact that weapon systems rated that high have longer range AT or Tank guns that can reach out further in open terrain. Makes the Panthers and Tigers deadly around Caen or in open terrain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Imus
msg tools
Since I am the Allies, I DON'T!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carles Almirall
msg tools
Hi.
I don´t fully understand this sentence.
In the rules section 13.7.5c Armor/At Comparasions in Armor vs.Armor Factors is specified that if the attacker has an AFV in clear terrain the defender AFV can chose the clear. I presume this can be done whit any armor factor, not only 5+
Also in Armor vs. AT factors this option ( using the attackers clear terrain) don´t appear.

I can assume that any unit Armor or AT whit a 5+ factor can utilice the clear terrain for Armor AT comparasion?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.