Hide
4 Posts

Doomtown: Reloaded» Forums » Rules

Subject: Shootout redraw question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edged Square
msg tools
How does this work? I can discard up to the number of brass bullets of my shooter +1 for every brass guy. But do I discard along with my opponent? Do I show the discarded cards? Those are things that could influence my decision to risk more or less and I haven't found anything in the rulebook or googling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Edgedeer wrote:
How does this work? I can discard up to the number of brass bullets of my shooter +1 for every brass guy.

Yes, that's how that works.

Edgedeer wrote:
But do I discard along with my opponent?

The rulebook doesn't specify this, but just as with a real poker game, all players do this simultaneously. Note that I don't have a reference to support this. But it's how I've always played.

Edgedeer wrote:
Do I show the discarded cards?

Again, just as with a real game of poker, you do not have to show your discards, unless you want to - for some reason. Though keep in mind that since your discards go in the discard pile face-up, at least one discard will be viewable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edged Square
msg tools
bgm1961 wrote:

Edgedeer wrote:
Do I show the discarded cards?

Again, just as with a real game of poker, you do not have to show your discards, unless you want to - for some reason. Though keep in mind that since your discards go in the discard pile face-up, at least one discard will be viewable.

Does that allow me to look through the discard pile? Since rules say I can always look through it, but not change the order. Just trying to work out what actions I can do and what I cannot do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
The discard pile is public knowledge, so you should be able to see all cards discarded in a shootout (but not before you have discarded and redrawn).

In practice, 1 player will be ready to reveal their draw hand before the other. Therefore, for our shootouts we typically follow this process:

1. Place discarded cards facedown in front of you.

2. Redraw and discard down to your final 5 cards (again, discarded cards go facedown in front of you).

3. Announce you're ready to reveal and wait for your opponent to do the same.

4. When both players are ready to reveal, place discarded cards face-up into your discard pile.

5. The player who did the calling out or who is running the job reveals first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.