Battle Masters» Forums » Variants

Subject: Customizable battle map rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Freeman
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
As I have been building my own Battle Masters set from foam board, I came across the idea of making a fully customizable Hex shaped map. It's going to be a lot of pieces and even more work, but anything worth doing is. The Hex map would be 13 spaces across in each direction, making a total of 181 occupy-able hexes (half hexes included). The original mat had 156, which is actually pretty comparable.
Each hex would be an seperate and individual tile to be placed how and where ever you wanted. Create roads, rivers and fords where ever you want and style your own battlefield as you are wont to do. Even the original battle map translates pretty well to this new shape.

In this picture you can see the size of the original rectangular map vs the new hexagonal map. A 4th ford is created, but oh well. Perfect, this game has never been.
As of now, this is just a wild idea. But one day I may decide it must be done and my wife will have another reason to worry about me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Freeman
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
Windows paint program is not a professional tool by any means. But using it I can show some examples of custom battle maps that could be made by arranging the hex tile in any form you wish.
Crossroads

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Freeman
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
Here are a few more ideas of ways to flavor your battles.
Split Field

River Fork

Wetlands

Road & River

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to play some games with the Terra tiles from Rain Studios
https://rainnstudios.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorfinn Skullsplitter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are perfect!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.