Jeff LU
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
I can't seem to find an answer on the forum yet, so I will ask here:

For both Squishy and Mortar it reads:

If you would fail in combat, after taking damage, you may reroll any 1 die.

I can only imagine the purpose is to perhaps have another attempt to successfully pillage the raider truck or enclave. Is that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you have the right idea. You still suffer the penalty of 1 damage, but with the potential to succeed in combat and come away with some pillaged cargo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff LU
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Ok thanks. I wish the rulebook can be more organized in terms of the timing of events. I kinda was under the impression that the combat ends after taking the damage, so I was confused with the prospect of a successful pillage after combat had ended...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff LU
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
A follow-up question:

Can you use Squishy (or Mortar) reroll ability during an AMBUSH?

Normally it doesn't do you any good, because you have already taken a damage and being successful doesn't allow you to take their cargo.

HOWEVER, if you are doing priority mission Questionable Decisions and carrying a nuke, then perhaps you can still keep the nuke and fend off the ambush after the reroll? Does that work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GuavaJeff wrote:
A follow-up question:

Can you use Squishy (or Mortar) reroll ability during an AMBUSH?

Normally it doesn't do you any good, because you have already taken a damage and being successful doesn't allow you to take their cargo.

HOWEVER, if you are doing priority mission Questionable Decisions and carrying a nuke, then perhaps you can still keep the nuke and fend off the ambush after the reroll? Does that work?

You would take the damage still but if your reroll was successful it would be a win and you would not lose the nuke
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would allow this, since succeeding or failing in combat is the important part when carrying the nuke.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff LU
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the clarifications, folks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.