Hide
6 Posts

Sword of Rome» Forums » General

Subject: Agathocles lands in Africa rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Flavius Sabbatius
msg tools
The Agathocles lands in Africa card is the only way for the Greeks to land in Africa in the 4-player game.

But why would they? They are not allowed to enter Carthage, so what's the point of taking Kerkouane only? Sorry if I must be missing something obvious here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wray Ferrell
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
easternRoman wrote:
The Agathocles lands in Africa card is the only way for the Greeks to land in Africa in the 4-player game.

But why would they? They are not allowed to enter Carthage, so what's the point of taking Kerkouane only? Sorry if I must be missing something obvious here.

Section 17.2.1 First bullet. Treat Kerkouane as a normal port for the Greeks as long as Greek CU are present in the space. So if Agathocles does land in Africa, the Greeks can reinforce the space and if they are victorious in battle in the Carthgo space knock Carthage out of the war.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavius Sabbatius
msg tools
Thanks for the clarification Wray!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavius Sabbatius
msg tools
Follow-up question. If Agathocles has the Indian War Elephants with him, do they also transport as part of the up to 6 CUs to Africa or do they stay behind?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wray Ferrell
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
easternRoman wrote:
Follow-up question. If Agathocles has the Indian War Elephants with him, do they also transport as part of the up to 6 CUs to Africa or do they stay behind?

Sorry, for some reason BGG didn't notify of the question. I need to check when I get home, but I am pretty sure the elephants can go with him as they don't count against the stacking limit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I found an message on CSW that you ruled you can move elephants by sea. And they've never counted against stacking. So I can't see how it could be argued they can't land in Africa.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.