Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Dawson
Canada
Kelowna
BC
flag msg tools
mb
While I really like skill sheets, several players in my group prefer skill cards. Has anyone done up the skill cards for each class yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Buckle
United Kingdom
Thornton Heath
Croydon
flag msg tools
designer
NSKN are publishing my next game :)
badge
Omega Centauri Published in 2014
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a sample of the skill cards I'm working on:

I use a variant set of rules for skills, where you don't just have free selection, to pick a level 2 skill you need at least a level 1 skill first. This is because I play story mode and with rules as written most classes can get to level 5 spending just 25XP.

They will be mini EU sized, but cutting off the red boarder will give you mini US size instead.

Advantage of cards is you can add reminder text and include the skill text rather than rely on memory or a separate reference sheet

My rules: Massive Darkness variant rules

Reverse will be the ’permanent' version without costs and play requirements which my variant story mode uses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also another WIP set of cards on the files page here as well as an ink-friendly version I'm working on for release in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Picha
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
And this is my take on the subject.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, I think I'll end up using Marek's even over my own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Dawson
Canada
Kelowna
BC
flag msg tools
mb
This is exactly what I was hoping for. Is there any way you could also colour code them like they do on the level sheet? This will make my players very happy.

If we get very ambitious, we could also set these up at Printer Studio with the class on the back side.

Thank you Marek
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Picha
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There is a little color coding in that diamond shaped segment in the upper left corner of each card. I do not plan to make the level more visible, sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Dawson
Canada
Kelowna
BC
flag msg tools
mb
As I am rather colourblind, I did not see that. Again, great work and pretty much exactly what I was looking/hoping for

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Picha
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have started a new threat "Skill Cards", there is a link to my dropbox with two finished classes: wizard and paladin. More to come.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.