1 , 2  Next »   | 

New Bedford» Forums » General

Subject: New trailer up on YouTube! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So New Bedford just got a new trailer put up on YouTube.

Does this mean we're getting a second printing?!

https://youtu.be/NaVA9NdTxG4
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth that video isn't new. It's from the Kickstarter project that originally funded the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krisztian Posch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
leemc13 wrote:
For what it's worth that video isn't new. It's from the Kickstarter project that originally funded the game.

Not quite - this video has the final components and artwork, the previous one used the prototype.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ from Board Game Gumbo

Lafayette
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
www.boardgamegumbo.com
mbmbmbmbmb
How did I miss this before??? Funny!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Ensign53 wrote:
So New Bedford just got a new trailer put up on YouTube.

Does this mean we're getting a second printing?!

https://youtu.be/NaVA9NdTxG4

We are indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A.) Woohoo! Love this game!

B.) Will the instruction manual be getting a clean-up and all that, like the set up lists?

C.) What about the tiles, such as the misprints, the ones that don't have the DHM symbols on them that are supposed to, etc.

D.) And if I could make one HUGE suggestion, if the tiles for two player games could get a small symbol on the tile, something like two dots, or a whale tail, or something, so you did not need to reference the manual every time to set up a 2 player game, that would go an immensely lone way.

Either way, I'm incredibly excited for this game, I love it, I demo it, and I push it to sell at our FLGS I work at. So happy it got enough sales to get a second printing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ensign53 wrote:
A.) Woohoo! Love this game!

B.) Will the instruction manual be getting a clean-up and all that, like the set up lists?

Absolutely.

Quote:
C.) What about the tiles, such as the misprints, the ones that don't have the DHM symbols on them that are supposed to, etc.

Yep!

Quote:
D.) And if I could make one HUGE suggestion, if the tiles for two player games could get a small symbol on the tile, something like two dots, or a whale tail, or something, so you did not need to reference the manual every time to set up a 2 player game, that would go an immensely lone way.

Good suggestion.

Quote:
Either way, I'm incredibly excited for this game, I love it, I demo it, and I push it to sell at our FLGS I work at. So happy it got enough sales to get a second printing.

Thanks for spreading the love! Continue to do so - we really want more people to experience this game.

Cheers,
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will owners of the original printing be able to get replacement tiles and cards for the components that still have issues in the first version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enoch Wright
United States
New Philadelphia
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Put me down for a copy of 2nd Edition and Expansion. (Plus any promos!)

Being one of my most played games already, I would like a second set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Marsh
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
ahh, get it off.. get it... GET IT OFF!!
badge
ahh, get it off.. get it... GET IT OFF!!
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkowitz wrote:
Will owners of the original printing be able to get replacement tiles and cards for the components that still have issues in the first version?

you already can. if you have an original printing G2G will mail you all the replacement components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
enochwright wrote:
Put me down for a copy of 2nd Edition and Expansion. (Plus any promos!)

Being one of my most played games already, I would like a second set.

Oh I'd totally buy a second set. Would be very ok with a replacement plan, but it's not that expensive of a game to buy.

Will there be a small note on the box denoting second printings? So we know if we have the original or not? (I mean like in the small print on the back, I don't mean like "NEW BEDFORD SECOND EDITION" on the front.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
colinmarsh wrote:
kirkowitz wrote:

you already can. if you have an original printing G2G will mail you all the replacement components.

Even those replacement parts had issues though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ensign53 wrote:
colinmarsh wrote:
kirkowitz wrote:

Even those replacement parts had issues though.

Exactly... Two of the tiles are still missing logos, and 3 (maybe more?) of the cards from the expansion were incorrect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Forester

Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
msg tools
Any idea when we might see this reprint? I was thinking about picking up the first edition but might hold off now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HankForester wrote:
Any idea when we might see this reprint? I was thinking about picking up the first edition but might hold off now.

It will likely be early spring at this point. We are in the last round of edits right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Almond
United Kingdom
Nelson
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Are you reprinting or combining the expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darkmancer wrote:
Are you reprinting or combining the expansion?

Right now the plan is to reprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Forester

Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
msg tools
ckirkman wrote:
HankForester wrote:

It will likely be early spring at this point. We are in the last round of edits right now.

Will this be on Kickstarter or straight to distribution and stores?

And any chance you can include the White Whale Promo with the second edition of the game or expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Kostonyan
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ckirkman wrote:

If possible, please add something indicating the number of players on the building tiles for easier setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HankForester wrote:
ckirkman wrote:
HankForester wrote:

And any chance you can include the White Whale Promo with the second edition of the game or expansion?

No Kickstarter, just a straight reprint.

We will not be putting the White Whale into the boxes. But it will be available online soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
g6grim wrote:
ckirkman wrote:

If possible, please add something indicating the number of players on the building tiles for easier setup.

Yep, we're working on that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ckirkman wrote:
g6grim wrote:
ckirkman wrote:

Yep, we're working on that.

Sweet! I know I personally would just buy a second edition, but will there be any first print incentive/rewards/plan in place, such as send back your copy for a copy of second edition, updated materials to buy, send us a picture, get second edition half off, etc?

I ask because I know my disposable income for games is a bit higher than others, and this will be something that is asked eventually.

Mr. Kirkman, keep being awesome! Your company's customer service and personable staff are a large reason you garner such a loyal fan base!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Forester

Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
msg tools
ckirkman wrote:
HankForester wrote:
ckirkman wrote:
HankForester wrote:

No Kickstarter, just a straight reprint.

We will not be putting the White Whale into the boxes. But it will be available online soon.

Just thought I would check back in on this thread - is this reprint still on schedule for spring? Any other updates or news you can share?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tomcavage
United States
Malvern
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is a reprint in the works, can you bump up the box size so the expansion can fit in the base box? I have everything in the base box except the expansion board, it'd be nice to get that in there as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
agrajag4242 wrote:
If there is a reprint in the works, can you bump up the box size so the expansion can fit in the base box? I have everything in the base box except the expansion board, it'd be nice to get that in there as well

While I certainly agree with N I find it funny how there are folks who complain about board game boxes being too big and now a complaint about how a board game box is too small.
laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.