7 Posts

Duel of Ages II» Forums » General

Subject: Is this game ever going to be "complete"? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moisés Solé
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules talk about a selection of 360 characters... We're just halfway there... I'd say it's pretty much the only thing that makes it "not complete".

Also, reprint, or something? Well, I'd like to have this game, but I'd find no opponents easily...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starla Lester
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
http://www.meetup.com/Las-Cruces-Board-Gamers/
badge
I turned Old & Chaotic Evil Bob to Lawful Good (for a day...)
mbmbmbmbmb
Until Brett answers, I'll chime in.

There are 192 characters, which is a bit over halfway and is an absolute wealth of characters when you only use a few per game. There is no world (heh) in which this game does not feel complete and over-the-top mega produced when you play it. It's like a universe, or three, in a box.

If you've followed the history of this game, you know it is a labor of love which has been ongoing since well before the original Duel of Ages was published in 2003, so not having a "compete circle" at this time isn't really worrisome. In fact, it's great to have more content to look forward to.

Writing the characters, making them unique, setting balanced stats, and the art (oh, the gorgeous art!) for the characters all take time. Creating 162 character is really going to take time.

As to finding no opponents...set it up at a board game meetup or at a game store, start playing, and see what happens!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moisés Solé
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good answers. I know this game is a labor of love. I guess I was just asking if that love is still burning.

I would love to get this game. Is it in stock? But the big problem is, there's no way it's passing customs...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Koehn
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably not any help, but there is a copy at my local game store. Master's set too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moisés Solé
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, but I'm in the wrong continent for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
House of Cards
United States
Abingdon
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DuelistofAges wrote:
Probably not any help, but there is a copy at my local game store. Master's set too.

A bit too far for a field trip and I am on the correct continent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The next time you're dismissed you can take it into account when choosing your destination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.