Subject: What is this game's replay-ability like? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Koehn
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How well does this game replay? Does each play feel distinct or does it all kinda run together? Also how many weapon cards are there?
Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Iirc, 21 different weapons (plus 2 promos).
I find the game quite fun and versatile, as you can adjust the length of the game to your taste.
The game feels quite similar each time, but you have 4 maps, and different maps and player count make different weapons more or less viable (e.g. Furnace).
Also the weapons available influence the game.
Of course this is a mostly tactical game, where the strategy mostly
applies to the choice of the weapons.

There are also:
1) a bot variant, to add more targets when you play with less than 5p, but is not mandatory
2) two other game modes, Domination and Turret, iirc, that change the objectives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Check out the Board Game Beacon Blog on BGG
badge
Follow me on Twitter: @BoardGameBeacon
mbmbmbmbmb
DuelistofAges wrote:
How well does this game replay? Does each play feel distinct or does it all kinda run together? Also how many weapon cards are there?
Thanks in advance!
I would happily play this game whenever the opportunity arises! While the aim remains the same (in basic mode), the numerous weapons and the combos they bring, plus the excitement of reacting to your situation makes this one of my very favourite games. I (and a few other Adrenaline fanatics at my games group) have such a laugh playing this. It's one of the most thematic and immersive games I own.

I say this and yet I haven't even played Domination or Turret mode yet! The base game provides so much fun.

Just talking about it makes me want to play it today!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mostly it feels the same each time. That's not a bad thing, and the weapons you get do make for a different game each time, but it doesn't 'feel' different, and there aren't hugely different strategies or anything, just good tactics and shooting stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.