Rune Ørum
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am wondering about the viability of playing this campaign solo, and would love to hear from someone who has tried.

I have read that PtC introduces some 'hidden information' elements, but how much? and does it make solo play with 2 characters possible?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Ørum
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
mbmb
nbcmayhem wrote:

But then why solo with two investigators. IMHO you'll get more out of the game by playing each new investigator solo through the campaign. All of them are perfectly viable to play solo if you're building your deck right.

Because there are a lot of cool card combos in between the characters that you miss out on. It has been perfectly manageable thus far for me. And awesome fun!

Thanks for not spoiling too much about the cards themselves. My next question would be: How big a part of the game is that mechanic? Is it a minor twist? Or does it impact the entire campaign?

I only play this game solo. Hence all the questions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Not too big a deal, at least from what I've seen so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Schuijers
Netherlands
Uden
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Only some cards in some Encounter set(s) use this mechanic.

If you really want to go for 2 characters in a solo run, you could always treat these perils as:
"Ignore this card. This gains surge."

Or let it apply, but not be hidden.
Or let it apply, but for both characters.

Hey man, your game, your rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.D. Flory
United States
New York
flag msg tools
The hidden cards work fine in solo. They have effects beyond just being hidden.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.