Hide
12 Posts

Anachrony» Forums » Rules

Subject: Quick question: using multiple power plants in a round. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug
msg tools
Ok let's say I have 2 power plants, both are 2 distance.

I have two warp tiles, one 2 eras back and 1 that is 1 era back.

I use the first power plant and set my focus 2 eras back and repay the warp tile.

My focus is now 2 eras back.

Can I use my other power plant and move my focus to one era back since it's going from the current era or can I never move my focus forward once it's back?

Make sense? I'm confused
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You always move back from the current Era, not from the Era you happen to have focused.

So yes, you can move focus first to 2 Eras back, and then to 1 Era back. You could however not add the range of the power plants to reach 3 or 4 Eras back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug
msg tools
SpecularRain wrote:
You always move back from the current Era, not from the Era you happen to have focused.

So yes, you can move focus first to 2 Eras back, and then to 1 Era back. You could however not add the range of the power plants to reach 3 or 4 Eras back.

Ok thanks I thought that's how it was otherwise there would be no reason to have multiple power plants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phouglas wrote:
SpecularRain wrote:

Ok thanks I thought that's how it was otherwise there would be no reason to have multiple power plants.

You can even move back to the same Era twice in the same round, to remove both pending warp tiles you may have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure how true to the lore it actually is, but I always think of the time travel in this game more of "opening portals to the past" rather than "time machines" such that when you focus on a point in the past, you are opening a portal (aka window) to that time, that you can send item through and/or read notes from (aka building superprojects) but not something that you can "travel" in from point to point to point. Might not be accurate, but it helps to explain things like the question from the OP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:
I'm not sure how true to the lore it actually is, but I always think of the time travel in this game more of "opening portals to the past" rather than "time machines" such that when you focus on a point in the past, you are opening a portal (aka window) to that time, that you can send item through and/or read notes from (aka building superprojects) but not something that you can "travel" in from point to point to point. Might not be accurate, but it helps to explain things like the question from the OP

Thematically you have 1 portal (exactly as u describe) and you use the power plants to refocus it. Hence if you have 2 power plants you can "quickly" refocus, without having to wait for the end-of-era reset.

Your explanation is pretty on-lore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iavor Ianakiev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:
... I always think of the time travel in this game more of "opening portals to the past" rather than "time machines" such that when you focus on a point in the past, you are opening a portal (aka window) to that time, that you can send item through and/or read notes from (aka building superprojects)...

But you are taking some resources from the future in warp phase ... ? So ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
inkozikaas wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:
... I always think of the time travel in this game more of "opening portals to the past" rather than "time machines" such that when you focus on a point in the past, you are opening a portal (aka window) to that time, that you can send item through and/or read notes from (aka building superprojects)...

But you are taking some resources from the future in warp phase ... ? So ?

No, you're not. Future you sent them back to you. Future you opened the rift and dropped stuff through it.

All current you had to do was to make a note to send said stuff back to this particular point in time, and the stuff appeared, because future you remembered to send that stuff back at some point in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To put it in a more generic way, look at the mechanic as just taking out a loan which u have to pay back (wow that mindset really kills the theme of the game eh?? )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
To put it in a more generic way, look at the mechanic as just taking out a loan which u have to pay back (wow that mindset really kills the theme of the game eh?? )
which does nothing to explain the mechanics of power plant range or using multiple power plants in a turn,so while yes, it is a "loan" it isn't just a loan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Scothern
United Kingdom
Glasgow
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And loans that are not paid back fast enough dont usually generate paradoxes that eventually cause anomalies (that require the sacrifice of a brave worker to remove).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously you have never lent money to someone who was very powerful before! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.