Recommend
13 
 Thumb up
 Hide
69 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization» Forums » General

Subject: Stop posting threads about the App here, post them in the App's forum. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There is now a VGG entry for the app here: Through the Ages

The forums are here: TtA App Forums

That is where threads specific to the app should be posted.

17 
 Thumb up
6.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
But what if I want to talk about the merits of the digital rules verses IRL rules? Where should I post, Grant? WHERE SHOULD I POST???
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sirgalin wrote:
But what if I want to talk about the merits of the digital rules verses IRL rules? Where should I post, Grant? WHERE SHOULD I POST???

https://boardgamevsvideogamecomparisonsgeek.com/
31 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
sirgalin wrote:
But what if I want to talk about the merits of the digital rules verses IRL rules? Where should I post, Grant? WHERE SHOULD I POST???

https://boardgamevsvideogamecomparisonsgeek.com/

This guy gets it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Honest question: Why does this upset people?

For me, I don't own the board game but I do own the app. Being this is a pretty close approximation of the board game, I come here for rules questions and other related items. I am sure if I go to the VGG site I will get far less activity/insight.

It seems to me, we should try to be inclusive. The app just came out, give it a couple weeks and things will go back to normal but for now I think supporting the people who have app questions is good for all of us.
98 
 Thumb up
7.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matheus Lutz Ramos
Brazil
Canoas
Rio Grande do Sul
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Amen brother!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Dewald
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigsixer wrote:
Honest question: Why does this upset people?

For me, I don't own the board game but I do own the app. Being this is a pretty close approximation of the board game, I come here for rules questions and other related items. I am sure if I go to the VGG site I will get far less activity/insight.

It seems to me, we should try to be inclusive. The app just came out, give it a couple weeks and things will go back to normal but for now I think supporting the people who have app questions is good for all of us.


+1
16 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PapaDeWald wrote:
Bigsixer wrote:
Honest question: Why does this upset people?

For me, I don't own the board game but I do own the app. Being this is a pretty close approximation of the board game, I come here for rules questions and other related items. I am sure if I go to the VGG site I will get far less activity/insight.

It seems to me, we should try to be inclusive. The app just came out, give it a couple weeks and things will go back to normal but for now I think supporting the people who have app questions is good for all of us.


+1

-1
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigsixer wrote:
Honest question: Why does this upset people?

For me, I don't own the board game but I do own the app. Being this is a pretty close approximation of the board game, I come here for rules questions and other related items. I am sure if I go to the VGG site I will get far less activity/insight.

It seems to me, we should try to be inclusive. The app just came out, give it a couple weeks and things will go back to normal but for now I think supporting the people who have app questions is good for all of us.

Nobody is upset. If you have rules questions, by all means ask them here. That is not specific to the app. If you're Nathan and you want to discuss comparisons between the physical game and the app, by all means post that here or there (or both), because it's relevant to both.

But if you have a question about the interface, or the AI, or anything that is completely unrelated from the board game, ask them in the app forum. The people knowledgeable about those topics and inclined to discuss them will be subscribed over there.

Things are organized into different forums for a reason. Why exactly do you think that is a problem?
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
...

Things are organized into different forums for a reason. Why exactly do you think that is a problem?


But videogamegeek is not just a different forum (e.g., rules, variants) but a different website. It is blocked from my work network but boardgamegeek is not.

So if someone goes to boardgamegeek but not videogamegeek, the TTA forums would seem like the place to post.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EvanMinn wrote:
grant5 wrote:
...

Things are organized into different forums for a reason. Why exactly do you think that is a problem?


But videogamegeek is not just a different forum (e.g., rules, variants) but a different website. It is blocked from my work network but boardgamegeek is not.

So if someone goes to boardgamegeek but not videogamegeek, the TTA forums would seem like the place to post.

You can view the forums from any of the three domains. I'm viewing this from the videogamegeek.com domain right now, even through this is a BGG thread.

Here, try using this link and see if it works from your work network:
https://boardgamegeek.com/forums/thing/234379/through-ages
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
But how did you do that? Can you navigate there from BGG or do you have to have a link?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Connell
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Post where you feel the most appropriate. If the admins want these questions over on VGG, then they will act on it.
12 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jsc19702 wrote:
Post where you feel the most appropriate. If the admins want these questions over on VGG, then they will act on it.

gulpgulpgulpgulpgulpgulp
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jsc19702 wrote:
Post where you feel the most appropriate. If the admins want these questions over on VGG, then they will act on it.

Yes, let's give more tasks to the admins because they don't have anything better to do. shake
4 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thompson
United States
Taylor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Old Ironsides being overflown by the Blue Angels
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jsc19702 wrote:
Post where you feel the most appropriate. If the admins want these questions over on VGG, then they will act on it.


Same thing happened when the Twilight Struggle app was released. The BGG forums were hit with a ton of posts about the app, people bitched, and the mods started moving the threads to the VGG site. Today, you will find, still, more app questions on BGG's TS forums because the forums on VGG are a virtual ghost town.

It won't surprise me if after the initial rush of folks getting into the app dies down then so will the app only posts. Just like Twilight Struggle.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Do people actually use videogamegeek?

I ask because I've never clicked on it, despite enjoying many video games, and being a fairly solid bgg user for a while now.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Nickles
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, screw that. I finally beat the medium AI and I'm gonna tell people about it!
17 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:
Do people actually use videogamegeek?

I ask because I've never clicked on it, despite enjoying many video games, and being a fairly solid bgg user for a while now.

No, it isn't very popular. There are plenty of alternatives for video games so hardly anyone uses the site. The only threads that get any a traction at all are the board game apps.

If you want anyone to see your posts and questions, the only place to ask about the through the ages app is here on bgg, most people never go to and/or are not even aware of the existence of vgg.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
I, for one, think the the medium by which the game is played is an arbitrary and counterproductive way of splitting up the player base, and would much rather see all sorts of TTA players post here, even if some percentage of threads pertain to issues specific to the app.

Welcome to TTA players of all stripes!
28 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
United States
Florence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
There is now a VGG entry for the app here: Through the Ages

The forums are here: TtA App Forums

That is where threads specific to the app should be posted.



You can’t tell me what to do, you’re not my real dad!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Hughey
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I consider a boardgame app more of a version change than a videogame

I must be a broken human
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So this is a post about the app here, telling people not to post about the app here?

.................. so confused ...............
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bigGameGeek wrote:
.................. so confused ...............

Clearly. shake
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Desiderata wrote:
PapaDeWald wrote:
Bigsixer wrote:
Honest question: Why does this upset people?

For me, I don't own the board game but I do own the app. Being this is a pretty close approximation of the board game, I come here for rules questions and other related items. I am sure if I go to the VGG site I will get far less activity/insight.

It seems to me, we should try to be inclusive. The app just came out, give it a couple weeks and things will go back to normal but for now I think supporting the people who have app questions is good for all of us.


+1

-1


/0



BOOM
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.