Subject: L5R at BGGCon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all!

Legend of the Five Rings LCG is hitting stores on October 5. Would anyone be interested in some kind of league or tournament at BGGCon? Or just a consistent place to meet up for games? Maybe we can brainstorm some ideas and get something organized.

If there's a tournament or league, I'd be happy to kick in a Gencon promo Way of the Lion as a prize.

Since FFG is involved in BGGCon, maybe someone could contact them for a bit of prize support?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Freitas
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well there are retail organized play kits. They are for 12 players.

I'd probably be interested in doing this one night of the con after the vendor hall closes, and can probably assume a couple others of my friends would as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lane
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would Be interested in playing some. Not necessarily in a tourney, mostly casual play would be nice. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Subscribed to follow updates. I'm a scrub who will have to wait for general release to get my core sets and start playing, but I'd be interested in getting some games in at BGG.CON.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tolio wrote:

I'd probably be interested in doing this one night of the con after the vendor hall closes, and can probably assume a couple others of my friends would as well.

How would we go about getting an OP kit or two for BGGCon? Would FFG support that?

I'd be down with having something of a "game night" where we meet up to play L5R and teach it to anyone interested. Maybe we could have a really casual tournament. Any night but Thursday works for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Freitas
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the easiest way would be to contact a retailer who wouldn't mind buying 1 or 2 and direct selling them. They are 40 bucs a piece.

Otherwise we could send a message to FFG organized play and see what they'd do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
trenttsd wrote:
Tolio wrote:

How would we go about getting an OP kit or two for BGGCon? Would FFG support that?

I'd be down with having something of a "game night" where we meet up to play L5R and teach it to anyone interested. Maybe we could have a really casual tournament. Any night but Thursday works for me.

When I set up the Netrunner tournament at BGGCON one year, I simply contacted them through Twitter and they put me in touch with someone who came to the CON with all the prizes that we gave away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll see what I can do about prize support. What would you guys prefer?

Poll: Quick L5R poll
Which format would you prefer for playing L5R at BGGCon?
A meetup one evening where people can play and learn the game casually, with OP prizes distributed by a random drawing and/or group consensus
A tournament
A league with a regular meeting place
      22 answers
Poll created by trenttsd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Keusch
United States
Ann Arbor
MI
flag msg tools
badge
It's hard to remember we're alive for the first time. It's hard to remember we're alive for the last time.
mbmbmbmbmb
pretty sure I will be there, and if so, I'd be happy with pretty much any option, though a tournament would definitely be fun, especially with prize support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted tournament, but I'm also fine with whatever. Keeping it casual may attract more people as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Spivey
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested. I was a player back in the original collectible days, and I'm definitely intrigued by what FFG has going. But no tourney (and that's how I voted). I do enough competitive tourney play with games here at home; I'd rather just learn the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Steck
United States
Benton
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in both a meetup and a tournament.

League would be interesting, but there's all sorts of problems with matchmaking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excited to see numbers starting to build on this one. I'm hoping I can possibly meet some people in the local area who want to play this game regularly after BGG.CON. My time is limited, but it would be great to get together once or twice per month to play this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you guys get at least 8 players together for L5R, come see me at the FFG booth and I'll give you some prize support (assuming I'm able to bring it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pbpancho wrote:
If you guys get at least 8 players together for L5R, come see me at the FFG booth and I'll give you some prize support (assuming I'm able to bring it).

I'm in for sure. Maybe we should put something up on the meetup list so that we can get a head count?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Steck
United States
Benton
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm willing take the lead on this.

The attendee-scheduled events spaces are filling up, so here's some available times for a tournament

WEDNESDAY 6pm - Whenever (1113)

THURSDAY Whenever - 8pm (1113)

FRIDAY 12pm - 6pm (1113)

SATURDAY 8pm - Whenever (1106)

SATURDAY Whenever - 8pm (1113)

Those seem like the best spots. Post your preferences here. I doubt we'll need this much space, but I think reserving a spot is better than just trying to find a place.

I'll also post in the meetup thread for signups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm good with any of the W/Th/Fr times listed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m in with all but Friday

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Musgrove
United States
Royse City
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested if something was set up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in swinging by, but I probably won't be packing my stuff with me. If nothing else I will enjoy observing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Murray
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This happening? I know for a act my two buddies and I are all bringing decks. Slack group for casual play maybe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Steck
United States
Benton
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay,

Lets go ahead and have a meetup on Wednesday evening.

1113 isn't booked, so it looks like to be a good spot.

So L5R, 6pm Wednesday, 1113.

Got it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone want to volunteer to meet up with me and get prizes? I can geekmail them my #. I get in around 1-2pm and will then be setting up our booths.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Murray
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be happy to do that. I'm arriving Wed around 2 ...GM your cell number and I'll meet up after check in. Thanks for the support! Look forward to seeing you guys there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Murray
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone good with that meet up time post in this thread ...be cool to see some different decks and clans out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.