Spy Club» Forums » General

Subject: The game is now live on kickstarter! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Duchesne
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/foxtrotgames/spy-club/?...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug L
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Looks great! I've been following this game for a while. I think my kids would love it. I have a few questions:

1) Any plans for a play through video? I can't wrap my head around how this plays out with a group of people.

2) Would Canada friendly shipping be possible? We tend to get hit hard with duties if packages are coming from outside the country. Many of the kickstarter fulfillment companies can manage this for you.

3) Any stretch goals? These definitely make the campaign exciting to follow.

Best of luck with your campaign!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug L
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just realized that you are not the developer and you are from Canada too. Hopefully they will check the boards and respond.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kløve
Denmark
Hillerød
flag msg tools
badge
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked the creator about a playthrough video in the KS comments, and they will see what they can do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Pishnery
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
canada_doug wrote:
3) Any stretch goals? These definitely make the campaign exciting to follow.

From the comments:

Quote:
We are including (right from the start) many items that might typically be added as “stretch goals” later in a campaign: larger/thicker cards, plastic insert, plus tons of extra game play content. I have included more detail in the Thank You section on the page: doing this helps us reduce the risk of new artwork/development delays and provide a high quality product at a great value to everyone when they pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
Backed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Hoyt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

@Justice_Bolt:
Thank you for backing and for sharing the link when the project launched! (I had a post written, but you beat me to it. :-)

@canada_doug:
Thank you for checking out the project page!

1. As @Klove said, we're going to try to do this. We haven't had a request for it before, but I can see now how our other games might be a little easier to understand the feel.

2. We haven't had any trouble with customs to Canada in the past, so we didn't pursue that. We do have a good recommendation on who in Canada could handle it, so we'll see what we can do. (The trick is figuring out if we can get it to them affordably.) Unfortunately, I doubt we'll be able to figure something like that out during the project.

3. We aren't doing stretch goals: we had a good experience including a fully-realized product for a pledge at the very beginning with our last project. But we'll try some other things to make the campaign exciting to follow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug L
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply! Looking forward to seeing the play through video and following your campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Hoyt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We reached the funding goal late last night! Yay! We are so grateful for all the support and enthusiasm so far.

We're working to put together a full game play through video this weekend, and we should have that ready for an update at the beginning of next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Martinelli
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
canada_doug wrote:
1) Any plans for a play through video? I can't wrap my
head around how this plays out with a group of people.

I hope I can help here with basics. So there are a couple of main elements to gameplay. You have a tableau of cards in front of you with different colors. Your working with your fellow gamers to figure out how to set collect these colors and commit them to a board that when completed allows you to lock in a clue that you use to unlock your next module. This will card will also carry through and contribute to the story line. In addition, to the modules you unlock to play through are like mini-games within the game. I don't want to spoil any content, but they are super creative. You as a sleuth will need to complete these "mini games" or investigation tasks to help you get closer to solving the overall caper. You'll be unlocking more content and even get things that will help you play the game and give you bonuses or an advantage to help a player along. I hope that helps visual what you'll be doing at a basic level. I can see where you'd want to see a video of the basic play. I really enjoyed the play through, it was a completely new experience for me.

Update Tantrum House posted a video review. It gives you a pretty good idea of how it plays.
https://boardgamegeek.com/video/150222/spy-club/tantrum-hous...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
I am VERY excited for this one. The theme and illustrations are beautiful and evocative. The game play looks quite clever and welcoming. The replayability - the idea behind the Mosaic system - I'm anxious to see how it integrates and plays.

Great job, Foxtrot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason D. Kingsley
United States
Conroe
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is it! 5.5 hours left on the campaign! Thank you for your support and enthusiasm.

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.