James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the early launch event of First Martians, there are 2 missions ("Removal", and "Removal Tutorial") that will only be available for 2 weeks starting today, and then they will be taken away.

If you're like me and have the game pre-ordered but don't know if it will arrive in the next 2 weeks, or whether you can get your group to the table in that time frame, this can be a bit frustrating.

However, the PC version of the app does not auto-update to newer versions. So, if you download version 1.10 before the 2 weeks is over, you'll have a version with those 2 missions that you can keep and use as long as you'd like.

It's perhaps not the best solution (especially if you don't have a Windows PC), but it's something that is at least workable for many of us.

The following link downloads the latest (currently 1.10 as of Sept 22nd) version of the PC app:

http://bit.ly/FMappPC

NOTE: You should also download the rules for the mission here: http://portalgames.pl/en/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/First-Ma...

EDIT Sept 22 If you've already downloaded 1.08 for your PC, you should download the newer 1.10 version. There was a bug where it would occasionally skip the Event phase. This has now been corrected and they've deployed the PC version (as of writing this, apparently the Android version is updated, the but the iPhone version is not.)

EDIT Oct 6th On all platforms the current version does not have the Removal mission anymore. If you message me I can send you a link to the 1.11 version which is the last version with the Removal mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Won't they program the scenario to time-expire?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave in Ledbury wrote:

Apparently not. I just changed my PC's clock to end of October and then launched the app and had no issues starting the "Removal" missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Walker
United States
Chuluota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am wondering if the logistics of having an exclusive time-limited scenario were fully thought out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben
Germany
Gönnheim
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
This is a sloth. It accurately represents my style of life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
Dave in Ledbury wrote:

Apparently not. I just changed my PC's clock to end of October and then launched the app and had no issues starting the "Removal" missions.

It might not use your local time but rather receive a trigger from the web via some update or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dienes wrote:
Felkor wrote:
Dave in Ledbury wrote:

It might not use your local time but rather receive a trigger from the web via some update or something.

I truly doubt it, but it's worth trying either way.

If it's true, you can just add it to your windows firewall so it can't receive any such updates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
What a cluster.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nils Seprenyi
Germany
Chemnitz
Sachsen
flag msg tools
mbmb
Dave in Ledbury wrote:

This is funny, I play FM with the app on my surface and now I also created a clone from version 1.08.

If the time period is being expired, I think it will be easy to play the two removal missions in the future.

The version 1.08 will remain in memory and conversations for a long time!

;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like Portal solved this problem by making the 1.08 version of the app a bit buggy... you won't want to keep it around. Many of us are finding that it occasionally skips the Event phase altogether in a round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you've already downloaded 1.08 for your PC, you should download it again. There was a bug where it would occasionally skip the Event phase. This has now been corrected and they've deployed the PC version (as of writing this, it doesn't appear the phone versions have been updated yet.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.