Bulgaria
Sofia
Sofia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings everyone,

I am searching for playtesters for a small PnP card game called Channeling. It is a spellcasting duels flavoured game with a twist: you construct your spells during play, combining elements and forms. It is a game that's tested for a while, it works. Now I feel I could use more feedback on the balance and wording before I complicate things with additional channels and interactions. So - I will be very happy if you could clash with some spellcasters during your free time and tell me what you think.

The basic PnP package contains everything you need on four black and white A4 pages: 30 basic cards, 4 basic channels and two player cheat sheets. You should print these 36 cards once for each player. (Yes the spell cards art is original, and the final version will feature colored stained-glass aesthetics and channel art.)

There are 7 pages of rules, but don't be alarmed! This is a comprehensive unformatted guide, as I don't like to leave nothing unexplained. Short (3 or 4 pages) illustrated guide will be available shortly.

You can get the updated print packages here. Although everything is on the geek, I'll avoid spamming frequent cosmetic updates.

What am I trying to find out:

- Most importantly: is it enjoyable? I started designing Channeling with a lighter, shorter game in mind, but it has grown into a good tactical challenge.

- Channel balance: I have an easy way to balance out different channels, but I need larger sample size than my play groups to determine which of them need nerfing. Reports and statistics on asymmetrical match-ups will be greatly appreciated! You could also try out the game with +4 or +5 life total, if it feels too short for strategizing.

- Strange interactions: There are only 30 basic cards in Channeling and I intend to write simple FAQs for each one of them. Tell me what perplexed you during play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Tomberlin
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Absolutely, sign me up!

I'll print as soon as I'm off work heart

Would you like feedback in personal messages or posted?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Karamanov
Bulgaria
Sofia
Sofia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Posted would be great, I'd like to encourage discussion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dejan Rackovic
Montenegro
Podgorica
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Artwork is beautiful. I also like battle card games.
I want to play this, will give feedback if I do.
I like that you have detailed rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Karamanov
Bulgaria
Sofia
Sofia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great!

Comments from a fellow card player would be highly beneficial

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.