Lincoln Damerst
United States
California
flag msg tools
GameNight!
badge
GameNight!
mbmbmbmb

Tonight on GameNight!, Nikki, Aaron, Dave and Lincoln play Sagrada, designed by Daryl Andrews and Adrian Adamescu and published by Floodgate Games.

Thanks for watching and please subscribe to us on YouTube - with more subscribers we get more freedom in how we run the channel.

http://youtube.com/boardgamegeektv
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Giller
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked up this game at my local con this weekend, played it Sunday night. It was wonderful. I wish the blue or purple were a different color because I cannot tell them apart. Otherwise this game is great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keaton Hansen
United States
Arlington
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting this video. Nice to see a full play through. I noticed that during scoring Lincoln was given 25 points for Column Color Variety when he should have received 20 (@1:01:16). The second column from his right had two blues. This would have given Aaron a 1-point win instead. Close game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Looks like 28 is coming in this year!
mbmbmbmbmb
This game seems to have a lot of similarities with Blueprints that was also played on this show, it uses a common dice pool, using dice depending on color and value, common objectives and personal objective, and building a structure.

@GameNight folks - Did you enjoy this one more than Blueprints?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Paul
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Another great video! I definitely want to get in a play of this sometime soon.

Bonus points to Dave for the Star Wars reference.

Lincoln - Can I get that hockey jersey at the Circle K? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bames007Jond wrote:
Thanks for posting this video. Nice to see a full play through. I noticed that during scoring Lincoln was given 25 points for Column Color Variety when he should have received 20 (@1:01:16). The second column from his right had two blues. This would have given Aaron a 1-point win instead. Close game!

Aw, man, where were your sharp eyes four days ago!??

Although it is nice to have my delayed vengeance victory over my friends, (I mean, come on, all 4 rows and all five columns perfectly colored and shaded! I was so proud! But to lose for not using enough Yellow?) the real truth is that we don't much care who wins, we want to have fun playing the game, to entertain, and to present a good play-through for you guys to make up your minds as to whether you'd like it or not. Thanks for watching!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Kauk
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luds wrote:
This game seems to have a lot of similarities with Blueprints that was also played on this show, it uses a common dice pool, using dice depending on color and value, common objectives and personal objective, and building a structure.

This one is much better than Blueprints.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
hornist34 wrote:

Careful, strange things are afoot at the Circle K
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaron, that was pretty good to get full value on those two cards. This has become my ice breaker game. Whether it be a new group or non-gamers this has gone over well with most people. My parents even like this. I figured they would since they like sudoko. This has a little bit of that type of puzzle in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Collins
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where can I buy those amazing game posters in the background?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Damerst
United States
California
flag msg tools
GameNight!
badge
GameNight!
mbmbmbmb
Jonathan, those are part of the new BoardGameGeek Artist Series posters that you can pre-order right now on the BoardGameGeek Store. Only one size will be available after the pre-order but there are a nice selection of sizes right now. Thanks for the note and for watching.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
Todd Kauk wrote:
Luds wrote:

+1

Much, much better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J D
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great play through. I had also just recently picked this game up, but I found it after playing Roll Player and enjoyed the whole idea behind certain color dice with specific numbers.

My only gripe about the game is the dice were a bit low quality and had quite a few with issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renato Martins
Brazil
Curitiba
flag msg tools
MajorOracle wrote:
Todd Kauk wrote:
Luds wrote:

+1

Much, much better.

I haven't played Sagrada yet ,but I love Blueprints, so hoppefully all "bright dice/building" games can coexist and there are more games to be played
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mills
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played Sagrada today, and while I enjoyed it and it's very pretty, I think I prefer Blueprints. I feel like I have more options for scoring points in Blueprints, and the big reveal at the end of each phase is more exciting than the end of the game in Sagrada.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Baker
United States
Poway
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Vospire wrote:
I wish the blue or purple were a different color because I cannot tell them apart.

I don't think I'm color blind, but in games where two colors are too similar, I use a Sharpie and put a little dot on one of the colors to distinguish it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy S
United States
California
flag msg tools
millsyboy wrote:
I just played Sagrada today, and while I enjoyed it and it's very pretty, I think I prefer Blueprints. I feel like I have more options for scoring points in Blueprints, and the big reveal at the end of each phase is more exciting than the end of the game in Sagrada.

My big problem with BluePrints is the bonus point cards basically make it so you basically should just ignore the shape/layout completely and go purely for the bonus cards. Once I figured out that going for the tower bonus + whatever other bonuses you can pick up is pretty much an unbeatable strategy, then it quickly lost it's appeal for me. The most fun part of BluePrints was to try and build the highest scoring structure while following the actual blueprint, but that's a losing strategy sadly.

Sagrada looks like it may scratch the same itch without the "solved" or 1 strat beats all issue that blueprints had for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pointed out on YouTube but the guy deleted his comment for some reason -
At 43:50 Dave convinces Lincoln his best move is an illegal 6 (placed next to an existing 6). The dangers of too much cross-table advice combined with small dice and Dave's eyesight....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Damerst
United States
California
flag msg tools
GameNight!
badge
GameNight!
mbmbmbmb
hornist34 wrote:
Another great video! I definitely want to get in a play of this sometime soon.

Bonus points to Dave for the Star Wars reference.

Not that I know of but they are at Geeky Jerseys right now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Diamon
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received my copy after watching this episode. Once again, Game Night! makes a game look so fun that I have to own it. I love you guys, but my wallet hates you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Damerst
United States
California
flag msg tools
GameNight!
badge
GameNight!
mbmbmbmb
agentzen wrote:
Pointed out on YouTube but the guy deleted his comment for some reason -
At 43:50 Dave convinces Lincoln his best move is an illegal 6 (placed next to an existing 6). The dangers of too much cross-table advice combined with small dice and Dave's eyesight....

Actually I did not place next to an existing 6. I was making it so I would not be able to place a six as printed on the card without using the tools which I did on a later turn. I think that's why he deleted the comment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OH! It's the printed 6 on your window - it really looks like a purple 6 that is catching some strange light - it looks like it's a die filmed from straight above. I had to watch several sections of the video again to finally see you place a yellow 1 on the spot at 59:12.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cesare Della Poeta
Italy
Pineto
flag msg tools
mb
Nice video and nice game! I have a little relevant question, where can I find the poster hanging behind you? DD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.