Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick the Greek
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everybody,

While I really like Bang!, I find the game to be quite imbalanced and even frustrating at times. I have had all kinds of scenarios from having most players dead during the first round (several Indians were dropped) to having the second player killing the sheriff during the first round.

I didn't want to give up on it as I like the interaction between players, so I decided to give it another chance by tweaking a few rules:

1) Beer cards are discarded from the game after being used (I read this variant here and it works quite well).
2) All characters get 4 life and 4 starting cards (the sheriff gets 5 of each). If you don't like that rule because you consider that some characters are overpowered, just add 1 life to everybody so that the balance remains (3 becomes 4, 4 becomes 5 and 5 becomes 6).
3) Players cannot die during the first 3 rounds (one can be reduced to 1 life but no less - this prevents players from dying before having even played and also gives them a chance to recover).

These rules are quite simple to implement and actually improve the gaming experience

PS: I only use the base game and the dodge city expansion, I don't like the other expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kell
United States
Lino Lakes
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think some of these are great ideas, but it seems like one of these issues that you are experiencing are from bad players. A first time outlaw may think, "I'm going to kill the sheriff right away" but if they do that, the deputies and renegade will notice and kill that outlaw so they still have a chance of winning. You also need to make sure that each player is only playing 1 bang per turn unless they have the Volcanic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.