5 Posts

Aeon's End» Forums » General

Subject: Difficulty Ratings for Increased Difficulty / Extinction? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Northern Polarity
msg tools
Hi all,

Has anyone attempted to grade how difficult each nemesis is in increased difficulty mode? We got crushed by Rageborne last night in increased difficulty mode in our first play of the game (and are going back to normal mode), and was wondering what that would be on the difficulty scale so we know when to attempt it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
NorthernPolarity wrote:
Hi all,

Has anyone attempted to grade how difficult each nemesis is in increased difficulty mode? We got crushed by Rageborne last night in increased difficulty mode in our first play of the game (and are going back to normal mode), and was wondering what that would be on the difficulty scale so we know when to attempt it again.

I am also curious to know what other people think the advanced difficulty rules are in relation to other nemeses. Our original intention was something of a new game+ where you wouldn't play one on an increased difficulty until you had played through basically all the nemeses or were very comfortable with the game. For a smoother difficulty curve, it's better to just go from one nemesis to another rather than increase the difficulty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
It REEEEALLY depends on your set-up. With Z'hana and Reeve, Increased Horde-Chrone is maybe & 4 when he's an 8 with other mages.

Crooked Mask is a 10 no matter what.
Rageborne I'd say becomes a 4, Carapace Queen also a 4, Blight Lord a 6, Prince I haven't played because he scares me, Wayward I haven't played but he's probably an 8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Northern Polarity
msg tools
Lets say with a randomized market/heroes then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
It also really depends on the number of players.

If I really want Rageborne to be a threat I either play him with 1 character or Increased + Extinction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.