Hide
4 Posts

Star Wars: Destiny» Forums » Rules

Subject: Resolution question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shane Heath
msg tools
A buddy and I were checking out the new two player starter game last night. On one turn I rolled in Poe (with his blaster). I rolled 1 Ranged on Poe and a blank on his blaster.

On my next turn, I played Do Or Do Not and rerolled the blaster die, rolling +2 Ranged.

This is where we had a dispute. He argued that since it was a modified side, it couldn't be resolved on its own by DoDN, and therefore had to be removed. I argued that since DoDN specifically states to resolve the die, it didn't need a base damage die to resolve, and it would resolve for 3 damage. Since it was just a casual game, we ended on a compromise where I resolved both the base 2 from Poe and the +3 from the reroll together, and continued on with the game. I am curious as to what the proper ruling in that situation would be. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your friend was correct. Since you cannot resolve it (since it is a modified die) you must remove it without resolving it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Imobersteg
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
Your friend was correct. Remove the die without resolving it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sinfield
msg tools
Resolving a dice through a card effect still requires you to follow the normal rules for resolving dice - can't resolve modifiers by themselves, you still have to pay resource costs etc.

Some dice will let you specifically break the rules - for example, the card 'Awakening' allows you to resolve a modifier side as if it wasn't a modifier.

Also, if you are allowed to resolve multiple dice through a card effect, you can resolve modifiers alongside a basic dice, just as you would normally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.