Subject: At long last... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Reggie P
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have an official forum to talk about the game! Really excited for this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
thaddeuspwhirl wrote:
We have an official forum to talk about the game! Really excited for this one.

Thought we were going for the record for longest time sitting in the queue.

This game looks fantastic. I hope the warbands are reasonably priced, because it would be a good excuse for me to buy lots of different races.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I'm hoping it's in line with Blood Bowl teams, so $35 for a faction. I figure that covers minis, cards, tokens to play that faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reggie P
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bet they price the base set to sell! What do you guys think, $40? $60?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
If they want to compete with X-wing it better be $40

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raviv Nagel
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's probably 70$
(https://www.gametrademagazine.com/downloads/GTM212Games.pdf, page 13, top left)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh. That can't be right though, can it? The thing's only got 8 total miniatures in it...

That's definitely what the GTM says though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reggie P
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I really hope that's wrong!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattr0polis wrote:
Huh. That can't be right though, can it? The thing's only got 8 total miniatures in it...

That's definitely what the GTM says though...

All of GW's "small box" games are $60 (£35 in the UK) - Gorechosen, Gangs of Commorragh, Lost Patrol. Gorechosen is 4 miniatures, cards and tokens. And those were recycled miniatures.

I would expect Shadespire to be in line with those prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it'll be like Warhammer Quest, which I think was MSRP $150 or something on release but very quickly dropped to $100 and then under $100 at a lot of stores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattr0polis wrote:
Maybe it'll be like Warhammer Quest, which I think was MSRP $150 or something on release but very quickly dropped to $100 and then under $100 at a lot of stores.

Not sure what it's like in the US, but here 20% off is pretty standard for online orders. I heard GW was also changing its policy for online orders in the US by allowing stores to start offering a shopping cart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Well, I can't say I'm not surprised. I thought they would have a lower entry point. But I guess it makes sense, you need two X-wing core sets to play a full game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N_O_ Y_B
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Super excited about this!

I highly, highly doubt it'll cost as much as the 'big box' releases like Silver Tower and Deathwatch: Overkill. My guess is it'll be more around the cost of Gorechosen and the like. Who am I kidding though, unless it's crazy prices I'll pick it up. I love the Warhammer IP's but don't have the time or inclination to get into their tabletop games so something like this is perfect for me. Besides, to be honest, I think other companies do traditional tabletop games better now (i.e Studio Tomahawk with Saga).

Regardless, I fully expect RedMonkeyBoy to do a review ASAP! ;)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WhiteRider27 wrote:

Regardless, I fully expect RedMonkeyBoy to do a review ASAP!

Yeah. I'm definitely all over this one. I've been looking forward to it for a long time! However, I suspect there will be some other people who beat me to the punch: The game seems to be generating quite a lot of buzz and I think it's going to have a lot of attention come October.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
The game seems to be generating quite a lot of buzz and I think it's going to have a lot of attention come October.

Do you know if we've got a proper release date yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
panzer-attack wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
The game seems to be generating quite a lot of buzz and I think it's going to have a lot of attention come October.

Do you know if we've got a proper release date yet?

I believe this is the most recent announcement in terms of dates:

"If you want to try Shadespire for yourself, you won’t have to wait long – it’ll be available this October with the first two expansions out by November."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Hornblower
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm honestly very excited about this release! Random thoughts after seeing the GC demo video:

- it looks like there's a great use of gaming pieces so far; you have 4 tokes to flip as you spend them for activation back-and-forth; then you gain victory (glory) points and you can flip and spend them also to play upgrade cards: you still score them as VPs though, which is neat; also it's nice to have 2 double-sided boards to mix&match

- really appreciate the combat; it's fast and lucky-ish, yet it looks "meaty" with that mix of attack vs block vs fixed damage, and critical hits that don't add damage but are simply harder to block (requiring a critical defense result, 1/6), and of course cards & powers to shake the core rules up

- gaming space is just right; 2 half-boards and some cards on the table, with a very modest pile of tokens (wounds, charge, guard and VPs): that's not FFG millions of tiny bits*! Here you drop the board, drop some pieces, pick the cards and play. Appreciate that!

(* which I love too btw... when I have time for that extra setup effort)

- gaming time also feels like super-fast yet very "dense"; it's a nice mix of IGO-YOUGO (for the activations) but still, during EACH activation there's a SHARED "Power Phase" where both players (back-and-forth again) may play cards till they both pass...

the moment they say you can play a card during your opponent's activation so to power-up your attack in the next activation (that is, yours) looks like the card play is almost as important as the spatial positioning for the minis, and speaking of that...

- I love how "mobile" the blob of fighters is; a Stormcast charged into a Khorne, then another Khorne reached, followed by another Stormcast... but then the 2 sigmarines switched positions, and the support rule (= you count a hit that particular dice result if your target is surrounded by friendly units) suddenly became super important, also by using other Power cards that negate support; so it looks like it's not a simple matter of "reach for the target then chunk some dice"

- finally it seems there's a nice sense of "growth"; for a fast game like this, I giggled at the possibilities like turning a sigmarine into "inspired mode" (flipping the card), or just playin an upgrade card with a new weapon so to expand the attack choices

- very interesting also, you don't replace the 5 power cards during the 4-activations-steps so there's a careful choice in that, too... do you push it at the beginning (but you'll have fewer choices later), or do you spare your tricks for a surprise blow (but be careful to have your squad still alive for that)

All in all - they got me. Again. shakecool

ps. I'm expecting a price around 65 EUR here in the "old world", in line with Thunder & Blood/Know no Fear, the Start Collecting boxes and the like...

pps. there's a fresh unboxing video out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SjgoiNDAHU
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
£40 UK, 50 Euros, $60 US, $70 CAN. That's from White Dwarf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
WhiteRider27 wrote:

Yeah. I'm definitely all over this one. I've been looking forward to it for a long time! However, I suspect there will be some other people who beat me to the punch: The game seems to be generating quite a lot of buzz and I think it's going to have a lot of attention come October.

Excellent. We know it will get a proper review, then.
Looking forward to the game and your review.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
privateer4hire wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
WhiteRider27 wrote:

Thanks. I appreciate the kind words. I've been well behind on my reviews lately, and I need to get back into the swing of it. Shadespire is certainly good motivation!

By the way - looks like Joel has already got his review up. His videos are some of the best coverage on GW you're going to find. I'm itching to watch it, but as I'm intending to buy Shadespire anyway I'm holding off for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cisne
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
privateer4hire wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
WhiteRider27 wrote:

Thanks. I appreciate the kind words. I've been well behind on my reviews lately, and I need to get back into the swing of it. Shadespire is certainly good motivation!

By the way - looks like Joel has already got his review up. His videos are some of the best coverage on GW you're going to find. I'm itching to watch it, but as I'm intending to buy Shadespire anyway I'm holding off for now.

Yeah, your and Joel's reviews are some of the best out there for GW games, and frankly some of the only ones that can be relied on for detail and quality: the 'reviews' which appear on GW fansites are still struggling to talk about the actual games and not just the tiny plastic hombres.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.