Subject: Leader Casualty Check rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Lucas
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VI.A.1.second bullet states "if a player has no SPs left in the hex, each named Leader & Leader E in the hex must undergo a CDR, skip step 2."

VI.A.2.last bullet states "if none left, each friendly 2-star named Leader in the hex must undergo a CDR."

The "if none left" phrase refers to friendly SPs in the hex (at least I think this is what it refers to).

The question is if there are no friendly SPs left in the hex, why wouldn't VI.A.1.second bullet always be applied immediately, never getting to VI.A.2.fourth bullet?

As an observation, the CDR 1-3 result "no effect", frequently becomes an "instantly captured" result during the opposing player's movement phase per IV.C.first bullet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Pratto
United States
Peabody
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good catch. the VI.A.2.last bullet "if none left, each friendly 2-star named Leader in the hex must undergo a CDR." is redundant and should be deleted. I'll make a note of it for the next revision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still not using the Variants forum for questions about this rule set I see. If some poor soul ever comes here wanting to research the official 2nd edition rules as published by Avalon Hill they'll be s.o.l.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Lucas
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Doug for the quick response. I have played 1776 off and on for decades, a truly great game. Your efforts regarding the 3rd edition rules have made it even better. Much appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.