Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geert Meys
Belgium
Haacht
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
Hey,

We played a 2 player game the other night. It was very fun, but we did wonder about one thing. We thought the difference in VP after each fair was a bit large. Thoughts anyone? Should we use 1st and 2nd place instead of 1st and third?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gannon Dubay
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I like big boxes and I can not lie.
badge
Rochester, NY - Willing to Play!
mbmbmbmbmb
The fair is one of the primary ways to score points. I prefer the larger point difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess that the larger point differential is supposed to increase the tension for the fair. You could always try it with the 1st/2nd place points instead of 1st/3rd, but it might make it so that one play pretty much ignores the fair entirely in favor of scoring points in other ways (while not suffering much point difference for not being very competitive in the fair).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the original rules used the first and second place scoring but were changed with later printings. Many people found that the difference was too small to really spend the effort on the fair otherwise. Here's the original thread with this discussion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.