6 Posts

Through the Ages» Forums » General

Subject: Great app, but draining my iPhone battery... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CLAUDIO COSTA
Brazil
flag msg tools
I have played the TTA app in an iPhone and an iPad.

The app is a great fun and runs very well. The drawback that I am experiencing is on my iPhone 6+: it drains the battery very quickly, making it impossible to have a complete solo session without a recharge. I did not feel the same when running at my iPad Air.

Does anybody else have the same issue?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ccabaleiro wrote:
I have played the TTA app in an iPhone and an iPad.

The app is a great fun and runs very well. The drawback that I am experiencing is on my iPhone 6+: it drains the battery very quickly, making it impossible to have a complete solo session without a recharge. I did not feel the same when running at my iPad Air.

Does anybody else have the same issue?

Same, but pretty much what I expected. Same happens with any game I run that does a lot of "thinking" like the Terra Mystica app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah it has to do a lot of calculations to figure out what to do. I play with my phone plugged in to the charger (I have a 12 foot cable). If you want to play on a road trip / flight / etc you'll have to bring one of those power bank devices along with you: https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Cell-Phones-Accessories-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CLAUDIO COSTA
Brazil
flag msg tools
Funny that friends of mine stated that did not have the same issue with Android smartphones...

I thought it was more related to graphics utilization, but probably it is more a combination of both CPU and GPU intensive use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Y
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Been playing on my Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet which is a bit older (still Android 4) and am having no trouble getting several games in on one charge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I mentioned in another thread my Note 5 seems okay, so maybe it really is an Android vs. iOS thing. That's probably a good thing though, meaning it might be a bug/optimization issue that can still be addressed with a patch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.