Popular Tags: [View All]
kam Behzadi
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Old Player/New User here.
Hallo, BGGs/World.
I need you help, BGGs/world.
Your thoughts on what follows...

I am now in the concept phase of discovering a completely new species of game, one that allows players to play against themselves, in a world created by the player and rendered through self-organising rules, in a game that manifests and plays out the span of The Unspoken Conflict.

Each game is played out differently, in a homebrew world with its own landscape, flora and fauna peculiar to - although not entirely recognisable to - the player.

There is no board as I can see yet, rather a collection of diagrams and hypnotically suggestive textual artefacts that excite the Systemic mind to step forward and begin weaving a theme of play.

The mechanics of the game are organic and unstated, arising naturally based on the player's current mode of reality and position on the Cycle of Consciousness, for example:

A player with high-ticket social ambitions may find themselves entering a seemingly resourceful co-op based on rewards scored against a common enemy, but as the seed of One's True Intention germinates and makes itself known, the game evolves into manifest suspicion and espionage, of war-by-proxy, of hidden moves and elicited reactions devised to play the opposition pawn to one's own ends and achieve ultimate domination.

Although it may be observed and criticised by an outsider, the mechanic that drives the game is essentially hidden by the only entity that could ever know its full meaning and use: the player.

The player brings three parts to the table: The Conscious Player, he/or she that says "I" in the phrase "I am the player"; The Unconscious Player, who by virtue of a lack of self-awareness knows nothing of the of cards in the hand of the conscious player but perceives the game as so all them same (as a lack of self-awareness does not mean a lack of awareness in regards to anything else); and The Systemic, which is neither conscious nor unconscious but rather closer to a pattern that makes patterns, like a self-perpetuating line of code but far more volatile and intuitively apt to pick up on the slightest change in situation to create new patterns, mechanics and sets of rules.

Now, I understand that all this might come across with a wave of confusion, or scepticism; at least, there should be more information on format and practicalities of the game.

That's why I am writing out to all BGGs interested in discussing and elaborating on such a concept. I'm a silent reader of the forums up until now but am calling upon those of us with a special mix of open mindedness, pragmatism and can-do attitude that make the impossible their business-as-usual everyday.

Thanks for reading and for joining the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds similar to solo RPGs like Mythic and FU which use an 'oracle' system to generate an often abstract result or phrase that the player then has to interpret.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie A
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
OP, it sounds like you are wanting to discuss the design of your game. The appropriate forums would be:

Board Game Design or Design Queries and Problems.

You can ask for the thread to be moved by clicking the Red X at the top of the thread and selecting "Wrong Forum"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.