Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gary smith
United Kingdom
Salisbury
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've been lurking around the site for years and finally registered in September 2013. Now four years in I'm about to register my 4000th play. So what will it be? right now I have no idea, I did want to make it a momentous occasion with my gaming buddies, problem being it looks like this 4000th play is going fall on Friday this week. It's my day off but nobody else is and I'm travelling that evening, so it may have to be just me during the day.

So here is a question (should anybody read this), What is your favourite solo ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Tomberlin
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Congratulations - on Friday!

As a new(er) user, this sounds like an enormous achievement!

I'm not very big on solo gaming, however, if there was ever a game to make me change my mind it would of course be Gloomhaven (should it ever actually show up).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Spenner
United States
Waynesville
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
"The game is afoot!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like Friday would be appropriate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan James
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
Professor, isn't it time for your nap?
badge
YES, DAMMIT!
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget to get the appropriate microbadge!!

Tho as has been pointed out in the past, your 4,000 plays are inflated by almost 25% by expansion plays. So playing a game and its three expansions is recorded as 4 plays. If you want the actual number of 'game' plays, first subtract out your expansion plays. So you're actually just over 3,000 game plays.

The solo game I'd recommend is Too Many Bones. It's such a thrilling and satisfying experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mage Knight Board Game / Star Trek: Frontiers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary smith
United Kingdom
Salisbury
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Jordan, it sure does feel like a massive achievement and yes Gloomhaven looks like an amazing game definitely on my radar for a future purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary smith
United Kingdom
Salisbury
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandmanx82 wrote:
Don't forget to get the appropriate microbadge!!

Tho as has been pointed out in the past, your 4,000 plays are inflated by almost 25% by expansion plays. So playing a game and its three expansions is recorded as 4 plays. If you want the actual number of 'game' plays, first subtract out your expansion plays. So you're actually just over 3,000 game plays.

The solo game I'd recommend is Too Many Bones. It's such a thrilling and satisfying experience.

Yes I was thinking that my actual individual count should consider expansion plays but then thought what the hell, I never create any posts (not sure why) and this felt like something I should mark. Thanks for the tip on the badge, I'll investigate. Too Many Bones is another great choice, I can see me buying another game at some point today on prime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wrenn
United States
Bushkill
PA
flag msg tools
What? You thought I'd have some interesting overtext?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations! How about Twilight Imperium: Fourth Edition or Die Macher?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaz72uk wrote:
So I've been lurking around the site for years and finally registered in September 2013. Now four years in I'm about to register my 4000th play. So what will it be? right now I have no idea, I did want to make it a momentous occasion with my gaming buddies, problem being it looks like this 4000th play is going fall on Friday this week. It's my day off but nobody else is and I'm travelling that evening, so it may have to be just me during the day.

So here is a question (should anybody read this), What is your favourite solo ?

Why not play Friday on Friday?

My favorites are
1 - Aeon's End
2 - Sentinels of the Multiverse
3 - Unbroken
4 - Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game (I need to play this again)
5 - The 7th Continent
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NoFunAtAll
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
John Coltrane: My Favorite Things // Jackie Mclean: Swing Swang Swingin' // Clifford Jordan: Cliff Craft // Sam Rivers: Fuchsia Swing Song
mbmbmbmbmb
Most def

Nemo's War (second edition)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karan R
India
Mumbai
flag msg tools
It's Karan, not Karen!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about The Campaign for North Africa?
You'll reach 4001 by your 5th year
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbert Vervuurt
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have a typo in your title
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to burst your bubble, but excluding logged expansion plays you are only at 3038 plays of the base games.

Edit: I see Sandmanx82 already pointed this out.

I actually stopped logging expansions at the beginning of this year.

Edit2: I'm at 2700 plays in soon to be 5 years, 214 of them BSG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Choon Keat Kung
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really enjoy solo games of Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game and The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game. Machina Arcana is also really fun for solo games.

I am still waiting on Gloomhaven and Dark Souls: The Board Game, hopefully they will turn out great for solo as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
GothicAngelkck wrote:
I really enjoy solo games of Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game and The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game. Machina Arcana is also really fun for solo games.

I am still waiting on Gloomhaven and Dark Souls: The Board Game, hopefully they will turn out great for solo as well.

For Dark Souls I recommend using 3 characters. Pure solo is not really interesting, 2 characters is a bit lacking (the Herald and Assassin are too weak) and 4 characters is a bit long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Choon Keat Kung
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
GothicAngelkck wrote:

For Dark Souls I recommend using 3 characters. Pure solo is not really interesting, 2 characters is a bit lacking (the Herald and Assassin are too weak) and 4 characters is a bit long.

Thanks for the tip man, I will make sure I try it when I receive my game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a ton of games! I registered my first play 4 years ago exactly today and only have slightly more than 1500.

As far as what game you should play, I say Above and Below because you have only played it 30 times. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My recent favorite has been New Bedford
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sigh - I know this is going to be a really obvious answer - but how do you see your total number of plays?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary smith
United Kingdom
Salisbury
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ClericID wrote:
Sigh - I know this is going to be a really obvious answer - but how do you see your total number of plays?

It's not obvious if you don't know. So when you're logged in click on your user name, you will then be on your personal home page, scroll down that page and plays will be on the right side towards the bottom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wow, so you play an average of 2.7 games a day? Wish I had that kind of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary smith
United Kingdom
Salisbury
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perrin2017 wrote:
Wow, so you play an average of 2.7 games a day? Wish I had that kind of time.

It's more like 3000 something plays when you take out the expansions, but it's still something to mark. Yes I do game everyday, luckily my other half games so we play something before dinner every night (she's better then me and wins lots). I attend lots of meet ups and have a few gaming buddies I'm also happy playing solo and I'm completely addicted to gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaz72uk wrote:
ClericID wrote:

It's not obvious if you don't know. So when you're logged in click on your user name, you will then be on your personal home page, scroll down that page and plays will be on the right side towards the bottom.

Wow...... I don't know how many times i have looked at that - and never even clicked into that that is what it is telling me..... SO it was a really obvious answer - what a muppet.

Thanks buddy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.