Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

A Feast for Odin» Forums » General

Subject: Promo in the 'Deutscher Spielepreis 2017' Goodie box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Skazz of Discworld
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not much more to say except for the fact that it's gonna be a Christmas tree. Will Be intersting to puzzle this one.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
skazz wrote:
Not much more to say except for the fact that it's gonna be a Christmas tree. Will Be intersting to puzzle this one.

I'm getting at least one for this reason alone!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Heeren
Germany
Eppstein-Bremthal
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
The Christmas tree is one of five new special tiles! ninja
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Northern Polarity
msg tools
Where can I get one of these goodie boxes?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Heeren
Germany
Eppstein-Bremthal
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
NorthernPolarity wrote:
Where can I get one of these goodie boxes?

They will be pubished at the Essen fair but they will be made available in the US also. If you ask this question in the Goodie box forum Matthias can probably tell you more Deutscher Spielepreis 2017 Goodie Box
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a spare copy. Should anybody be interested, please pm me.
Aernout
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. O. Schaefer
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
I have a spare copy of Odin promo from Goodie box too. If you are interested please pm me.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. O. Schaefer
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
Its no longer available.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill L
United States
North Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love one of these if anyone has a spare! Please PM me.

Feast is my favorite game. blush
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Vandenberg
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I just bit the bullet and spent the $32 CAD it spent me with shipping from the boardgamegeek store. It seems like a waste to spend that much on just tiles but I find they really add diversity to solo strategies and since feast is my favourite game, I had to get it. At least I can give the Great Western Trail buildings to my buddy since we play that often.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Northern Polarity
msg tools
WhatAChamp wrote:
I just bit the bullet and spent the $32 CAD it spent me with shipping from the boardgamegeek store. It seems like a waste to spend that much on just tiles but I find they really add diversity to solo strategies and since feast is my favourite game, I had to get it. At least I can give the Great Western Trail buildings to my buddy since we play that often.


If this post didn't make it clear, the goodie box is now for sale in the BGG store! This feels like a lot of money to spend on 4 dinky tiles, but I like this game too much to pass it up...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Vandenberg
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
NorthernPolarity wrote:
If this post didn't make it clear, the goodie box is now for sale in the BGG store! This feels like a lot of money to spend on 4 dinky tiles, but I like this game too much to pass it up...


Five tiles actually! I'm a fan of all of them for different reasons.

1. I like that there's a 4-space tile for 6 combat power as it makes raiding slightly more of a viable choice. Also having another free tile for special sale is pretty handy when you mismanage your money.

2. The sled is pretty awesome because it fully surrounds a bonus good (first tile to do that!) and fits amazingly around Newfoundland's free building bonus or Labrador's chest as well as surrounding rune stone and wood on the home board.

3. The table is a bit of an awkward fit at times but it goes nicely in the four income row of bear island, surrounds the Shetland goods on the left side fairly well, is a good finisher for the right side of Tierra and can be combo'd with a 2x2 fairly easily to surround many goods.

4. The skis(?) are an easy fit into a ton of places and are especially nice if you took 7 income on Iceland and don't want to commit too many coins to finishing off 8.

5. The tree is really cool in that you can only buy it. Handy for when your opponents go heavy into pillaging and you still want to have something nice to buy. It's a very cost-efficient option (13 spaces for 7 coins is a net 6 VP) and fits in tons of places on Greenland and Iceland or between wood and runestone on the home board.

My friends tend to go heavy on grey tiles so I'm glad to have a few more to work with as the puzzling aspect of the game is one of the most fun mechanics in my opinion.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I am very interested in the new possibilities from those tiles, but no way can I justify paying more than about $5 for that. Oh, well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Vandenberg
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I was unable to justify it either. That's why I just went to the BGG store and bought it before I could think logically through my decision . That being said, the $100 I originally spent on Odin was a steal for the amount of enjoyment I've received from it so I guess adding a bit more onto the cost isn't a huge deal.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Northern Polarity
msg tools
WhatAChamp wrote:
I was unable to justify it either. That's why I just went to the BGG store and bought it before I could think logically through my decision . That being said, the $100 I originally spent on Odin was a steal for the amount of enjoyment I've received from it so I guess adding a bit more onto the cost isn't a huge deal.


Think of it as a donation to BGG while getting some sweet feast for odin tiles out of it, and it's perfectly fine!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NorthernPolarity wrote:
WhatAChamp wrote:
I just bit the bullet and spent the $32 CAD it spent me with shipping from the boardgamegeek store. It seems like a waste to spend that much on just tiles but I find they really add diversity to solo strategies and since feast is my favourite game, I had to get it. At least I can give the Great Western Trail buildings to my buddy since we play that often.


If this post didn't make it clear, the goodie box is now for sale in the BGG store! This feels like a lot of money to spend on 4 dinky tiles, but I like this game too much to pass it up...



Yeah I probably wouldn't have bought the tiles if I didn't already own First Class and Great Western Trail. The other two promos a pretty weak so I doubt I'll be able to trade or sell them. But the Tetris aspect is one of my favorite parts of the game so I had to get the tiles.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I got super lucky and found the tiles for sale at the Dundracon buyer's bazaar (flea market) this weekend. Only $3! It was a miracle.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.