Popular Tags: [View All]
Bartow Riggs
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This question is from the expansion but I am asking it here because this "base game" list of rules questions gets many more views than the expansion rules questions.

The Wessex Card bonus for the English says the fled units return at the end of each faction's TURN.

The expansion rule book states that the fled units return at the end of each faction's reinforcement PHASE.

WHICH is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Shogren
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

Will have to wait for an official answer, but generally card text overrules game rules. Not always, but often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have this, so I'm confused by your reference to the 'rule book'. Is the 'rule book', the base game one, talking about reinforcements in general or is the 'rule book', an expansion one, talking about the Wessex card specifically? It would make sense for a card from an expansion to make changes to the basic rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartow Riggs
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
longagoigo wrote:
I don't have this, so I'm confused by your reference to the 'rule book'. Is the 'rule book', the base game one, talking about reinforcements in general or is the 'rule book', an expansion one, talking about the Wessex card specifically? It would make sense for a card from an expansion to make changes to the basic rules.

Editing to specify "expansion rule book."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Audacon wrote:

Will have to wait for an official answer, but generally card text overrules game rules. Not always, but often.
I caution against using that approach in this game, as it creates a problem with the Northhumbria advantage where the card says "English decide which one unit flees" and the rule book (presumably correctly) says "English decide which one flee result is ignored"

As to the original question, I have no idea and hope that it will be incorporated in AG's FAQ/errata document which they have said will be coming shortly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
BartowWing wrote:
This question is from the expansion but I am asking it here because this "base game" list of rules questions gets many more views than the expansion rules questions.

The Wessex Card bonus for the English says the fled units return at the end of each faction's TURN.

The expansion rule book states that the fled units return at the end of each faction's reinforcement PHASE.

WHICH is correct?

They return at the end of each players turn. I will mark this difference for correction in our online rules. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Gunter Academy Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.