Steven Schwartz
United States
Fairfax Station
Virginia
flag msg tools
I need clarification on transferring containers from a Transport in a port to a Transport that has arrived later, at the same Port. Here are my examples.

A Black Train leaves Basel, moves 2 and ends movement in Karlsruhe, where there is a Reservation Marker. I understand that each player with containers on this train may Unload containers or Transfer containers to another Transport in that port that has space. The Black Train is the “active” Transport and all containers are moving “from” the Black Train.

Now let’s say a White Ship leaves Basel and stops in Karlsruhe, where there is an appropriate Reservation Marker. We know the White Ship may Unload or Transfer containers to the Black Train, similar to above. But, can the Black Train Transfer containers to the White Ship (assuming there is space)? Both transports are in cities with ports. Parts of me argues this is OK. But another part of me argues that the Black Train is not the “active” Transport, so containers may not leave the Black Train at this time. With this interpretation, containers may only be transferred from “active” Transports (e.g., the White ship that moved in this example). Thoughts?

Here is another variation to the example. Let’s say in the above example it was a Black Ship instead of White and it moved 2, ending movement in Karlsruhe. At the start of the next turn, both Transports are together in Karlsruhe and the Black Train moves first. Can the Black Train Transfer containers to the Black Ship before moving (assuming there is space)? Or must the Black Train’s 1st action be to move, preventing any Transfer? The rules for Phase 4 say “Move and Unload/Transfer”, so I suspect you must move first and would not be able to make a Transfer before moving. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.