Too Many Bones» Forums » General

Subject: Best game ever! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Timbot McC
Canada
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Yup! Best game ever. From the star wars and fallout references, to the tough choices you make every day, to the thrilling battles that make you use every dice, dex, loot, and bone to survive, to the eye candy components. I LOVE THIS GAME. Too Many Bones is such an oxymoron! Bring on Undertow and longer campaigns
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's "Undertow"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timbot McC
Canada
Arkansas
flag msg tools
The upcoming kickstarter expansion dor too many bones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin
United States
East Lyme
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Never enough of these to go around...
badge
Never cut a deal with this guy...
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1812010/tmb-undertow-standa...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel B
msg tools
poifpoif wrote:
What's "Undertow"?

It is a sequel stand-alone to Too Many Bones that Chip Theory Games are kickstarting. Features 2 new gearlocs, new baddies, tyrants, encounters and a few other things!

Edit: Most of it is compatible with Too Many Bones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Robinson
United Kingdom
SLOUGH
ENGLAND
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:
What's "Undertow"?

noun: undertow; plural noun: undertows
another term for undercurrent.
figurative
an implicit quality, emotion, or influence underlying the superficial aspects of something and leaving a particular impression.
"there's a dark undertow of loss that links the novel with earlier works"

Yup there's always one, this time I decided it would be me! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuna Business
msg tools
Just got my copy this weekend. Played 3 games in 2 days which is unheard of. Helps that I can play it solo. I'm really enjoying it. So glad I spent the money. I too will be backing undertow and hoping for some campain modes. There are a few cards in there I have comes across that I feel are immediate fails. Can't remember the exact name but it's something on a mountain where you add a bunch to your baddie queue number. If you get it early it is rough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Hellertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hello there
badge
Hello there
mbmbmbmbmb
I think what really does it for me with this game is the character progression and skill trees. I came to board gaming after years of MMORPG gameplay, so building a character skill tree just feels like home to me. I can't think of any other games that really feel as satisfying in that regard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Maxcy
United States
Lexington
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Iridium192 wrote:
I think what really does it for me with this game is the character progression and skill trees. I came to board gaming after years of MMORPG gameplay, so building a character skill tree just feels like home to me. I can't think of any other games that really feel as satisfying in that regard.

Mage Knight Board Game has a fantastic sense of character growth and 'leveling up.' I can't really recommend it outside of solo though as it's long and downtime between turns is huge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timbot McC
Canada
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Holy smokes! Just when i think CTG cant be any more awesome than they already are...i find out about a secret riddle...that may or not be on the back of the rulebook. I spend the next few hours of the morning solving these intricate riddles, which was very fun....and at the end of it all? More awesomeness and generosity from CTG. You guys blow my mind! Thank you! End rant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Hellertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hello there
badge
Hello there
mbmbmbmbmb
timbot22 wrote:
Holy smokes! Just when i think CTG cant be any more awesome than they already are...i find out about a secret riddle...that may or not be on the back of the rulebook. I spend the next few hours of the morning solving these intricate riddles, which was very fun....and at the end of it all? More awesomeness and generosity from CTG. You guys blow my mind! Thank you! End rant.

There's nothing to see here, move along folks. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.