Popular Tags: [View All]
Bay Chang
United States
Hillsborough
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about these combat modifiers described in 10.5.9 - Tactical Situation:

Quote:
-2 for the attacker for each Flank zone that is not being Attacked or Charged this Round, but which contains at least one enemy combat unit presenting its Front.

-1 for the attacker for each Flank zone that is being Attacked or Charged this Round, and which contains at least one enemy combat unit presenting its Front.

I'm interpreting "each Flank zone" to mean "each of the attacker's Flank zones" that satisfy the condition.

Since the attacker can only attack and charge to its Front, then by definition it can't be attacking/charging any of its Flank zones. Right?

So the first modifier above could then just be written as "-2 for the attacker for each of its Flank zones that contains an enemy combat unit presenting its Front."

I'm unsure of that because it doesn't help explain how to interpret the second modifier above, which I'm completely mystified by.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McCalpin
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The difference between the two is that an enemy unit facing one of your flanks and not being attacked by somebody else this turn can cause a lot of distraction to your attack, while an enemy unit facing one of your flanks but which is itself being attacked by someone else this turn will cause less distraction to your attack. Does that make sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bay Chang
United States
Hillsborough
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, that explains it exactly. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.