Jacob Davenport
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Overview
The races join together to form a new union of species, one that fails or rises together. But each race must not give away hard earned resources, for their own people will rebel and pull out of the union. Each race has its own goals, and all races must meet their goals or the union fails.

Setup
Create a research team deck: era 1, then era 2, then era 3. Deal them out to all the players as evenly as possible. Ignore setup that indicates a race might start with a research team or not.

The era 4 inventions are available to any player who wants them at any point in the game. Put them in a searchable stack in the middle of the table.

Otherwise, use normal setup rules.

Goals
All players must score a minimum number of points equal to 20 plus 3 times the number of players. In a five player game, everyone must have at least 35 points, otherwise everyone loses.

All players must upgrade all their starting cards, the ones with a star. If anyone fails to do so, everyone loses.

Other goals for each player are different depending on their faction.

Kt’Zr’Kt’Rtl
End the game with ten colonies.

Caylion
Settle one colony every turn and have all six remain active at the end of the game. Since the Caylion can only have three colonies, at least three of those colonies will need to be traded to other players.

Kjasavikalimm
Play and upgrade all three territory tiles.

Faderan
Remove acknowledgements and the Contextual Integrator Cache from the game. Discover six relic worlds.

Zeth
Steal a resource from every player once in the game. Note that the Zeth may not steal from a player they have traded with, so the Zeth must coordinate to not do any trades with each player at least once.

Im’Dril
Build all six fleets.

Eni Et
Upgrading all ten starting cards is hard enough.

Unity
Build all and upgrade all four computer worlds.

Yengii
Yengii may license inventions for any agreed price, including free.

Run all the research teams given to the Yengii.

Trading
All resource trades must be fair and be agreed to by both players. Specifically:
* small for a small
* large for a large
* three small for two large
* three small for an octagon
* two large for an octagon

Ships may not be traded.

Research Teams may not be traded.

Donation resources must be donated, not traded.

Colonies and factories may only be gifted as described below.

Ships
A player may spend a ship to donate one resource (any size), factory, or colony to another player. Or a player may spend a ship to take one resource (any size), factory, or colony from another player. Both players must agree to the transfer. The spent ship is discarded.

Bidding
Instead of the normal bidding phase, all players put a finger on the colony they plan to take by spending the minimum ship cost. Discuss as a group who takes which colonies. If two players both want the same colony and cannot agree, use the tie breaking numbers. The Caylion ships, as usual, are only worth one-half ship each, and Kjas may buy two colonies if they have the ships to do so.

Final Score
If any player fails to meet all their goals at the end of the game, everyone loses.

However, if all players meet all their goals, take the total of the scores over the goal, then divide it by the number of players rounded down, as a team score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Davenport
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played this only once. We played three players: Yengii, Kt, and Kjas. The Kjas player is another elite player, and as expected we killed it. In fact, we had played that the scores needed were only 21 points, which we easily outscored. I hope that the scores I have here are not too hard. If they are, I'll adjust them down. I look forward to hearing about other people's playetests.

I suspect that the scores should be based on the number of players, but for starters I thought I'd make it a simple flat number and see how that goes.

The one game we played went fast. When players make deals quickly and without worrying about what's in it for them, the game moves along. I think we finished in 90 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Reid
msg tools
As mentioned, all trades must be fair when exchanging resources. I assume that this is meant to prevent one player from producing all of the resources and just giving the resources away to another player. In that case, what value is placed on the various converters or traded colonies, as you can technical overpay as a loop-hole? Perhaps just assume the 3 times production value trade for colonies, and just allow converters traded for free, as the resources are forced to be kept by the player running it anyways?

Also, what do you mean by inventions? Do you mean all converters? In which case, perhaps my above doesn't carry much weight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Davenport
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, making all trades fair is to prevent the players from just throwing all their resources into the middle and grabbing out what they want. I mean, you could do that, but it's not as challenging, and it does not really feel like Sidereal Confluence anymore.

In this game, you cannot trade colonies or converters. You must spend a ship to give one to somebody, or you must spend a ship to accept one from somebody (that's one ship per transaction, paid by either giver or receiver). And if the converted you give away has your species color, you must get it back after the round is over, as usual.

You cannot trade research teams. I should have said that instead of "inventions", and I'll update it. The point of that is that each player is responsible for the research that they have. You can't trade Computational Theoreticians to the woman with all the white cubes, you'll have to get the white cubes from her by trading things to her.

I also need to update the point requirements. I'm back to all players needing a minimum number based on the number of players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.