Subject: Just curious about tanks overrunning infantry. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Curt Winegarner
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
Many tactical combat games include a procedure for tanks to overrun or close assault infantry. Band of Brothers expressly excludes this type of mechanic. Having read all of Jim Krohn's design notes (I think) and having been thoroughly won over by this wonderful game system, I am quite sure Jim has a well-researched and convincing rationale for this. However, I haven't run across it in any of his posts or other writings. Does anyone know Jim's thoughts on this subject? (Jim if you read this post, maybe you could indulge me - thanks).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BoB Battle Manual section 2.2 wrote:
Tanks did at times overrun infantry and try to crush their entrenchments (and them), etc. This is represented in the game by a tank stopping in an adjacent hex and firing. This allows for fire and also allows the infantry to attempt to take out the tank in turn using the existing rules of the game. By representing it this way, it saves a whole host of special rules,
not only for the overrun, but for the corresponding infantry action, for infantry remaining in the same hex as the enemy tank, for infantry accompanying the tank and fighting with attacking infantry, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luka Kovač Plavi
Croatia
Našice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Afaik the whole overrun thing was pretty rare. The tank would be in great danger at such close quarters with enemy infantry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.