Subject: trading and binding deal with more of 2 players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
air show
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5 players, A B C D E

A is the active player. He must do the main offer, so place one action card, then says: "I will give one Capital to each player who will not make counter offer during this turn".

How the trading rule works? Is it a single deal with more players, or A must do a different deal with any other player?

The rules reference talk about 2 players who make a deal, so IMO in this case A will try to make 4 different deals, the first with B, then with C and so on, one after another, even not in order.
More, every deal is binding, because effects are immediately appicable (one Capital for no counter offer as soon as both side confirm).

If we consider it like a single deal with more players instead, how can we define when is immediately applicabile? It would be difficult and arbitrary to choose, I believe.

I haven't played the game yet, but I'm learning rules before my first attempt, and binding/not binding is the only thing not so clear to me.

Thanks!

EDIT: the counter offer phase must be done in clockwise order starting form the active player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Way
Vietnam
flag msg tools
mb
From what I understand is that if it can be done immediately it is binding and happens. Since what you described can't happen immediately the players taking the money have made a promise but those aren't binding.

If you want it to be binding then you offer the deal player by player as their turn comes up, but of course that leaves you just as vulnerable to one person refusing the deal but at least you would save the capital.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
air show wrote:
5 players, A B C D E

A is the active player. He must do the main offer, so place one action card, then says: "I will give one Capital to each player who will not make counter offer during this turn".

How the trading rule works? Is it a single deal with more players, or A must do a different deal with any other player?

The rules reference talk about 2 players who make a deal, so IMO in this case A will try to make 4 different deals, the first with B, then with C and so on, one after another, even not in order.
More, every deal is binding, because effects are immediately appicable (one Capital for no counter offer as soon as both side confirm).

If we consider it like a single deal with more players instead, how can we define when is immediately applicabile? It would be difficult and arbitrary to choose, I believe.

I haven't played the game yet, but I'm learning rules before my first attempt, and binding/not binding is the only thing not so clear to me.

Thanks!

EDIT: the counter offer phase must be done in clockwise order starting form the active player.

Player A's offer is not binding, except on B's action to potentially play a CounterOffer.

Player A has really said:
Non binding: I'm willing to pay 1C to everyone if they don't counter my offer.
Binding: (A) I will pay you (B) 1C to not counter and pass right now.

If (B) accepts and passes, (A) must pay 1C.
If (B) accepts and A pays 1C, (B) must pass and not counter.

Then the action is on (C). (A) can offer the binding version to (C) at this point, and the same deals apply. If (A) does not offer the binding version to (C) then there is no deal on the table.

Jump to the action on (E). (E) says "Hey, I'll pass, give me my 1C."
But (A) hasn't made the offer explicitly yet, and doesn't owe anything. (A)'s original statement at the beginning was only valid with (B), and a statement of future intent with (C), (D) and (E). If (E) wants their 1C, they have to offer the deal with (A), or (A) has to offer the deal to (E).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
air show
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
understood, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.